Zoom clutch is CRAP!!

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
Zoom clutch is CRAP!!NEW (PICS)

i just had ford put a new trans and Zoom clutch in my 2000 GT today and the car had less then 7 miles on the car and the POS clutch seperated from the disk, i didnt even hit the gas hard at all i didnt even get the car to my house and the muther ***er went out, i have herd things about Zooms going out on Z28 and crap but not a stang, they are crap dont but them

Last edited:

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
11_10_06_1724.jpg

11_10_06_1726.jpg

11_10_06_1725.jpg

11_10_06_1728.jpg

Maybe thats why they call it Zoom. It disintegrates that fast. :lol:

Sorry dude, but someone would have used this joke. :lol:

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
I'd be calling Zoom up and seeing what the problem is. Spec and centerforce are the brands that I would probably be going with. FRPP also has a good clutch though.

my92gt

Established Member
F*CK!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished installing a clutch from zoom and its a piece of shit too!!! damn!!!!!!

I'm not trying to take a shot at any of you guys, but you really should stick with the brands that are proven, instead of trying to do it for a few less bucks.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I'm sorry but any clutch thats called "Zoom" is laughable. Aside from the fact that nobody in the Mustang/Cobra world has EVER heard of something like that. Unless its to joke about.

Sounds like an Autozone clutch to me bud. You got PWNED. I mean really, clutches aren't THAT expensive.

DFX and you're done with it!

Adrenalin

Established Member
Well, I ran a Zoom Kevlar clutch in my old '90 coupe 11.42 @ 119 back in '97 and in my old '92 GT which would pull the left front about 2" as well as a couple of friends of mine, and never had a problem. I ran a Centerforce dual friction later and had trouble out of it though. I'm sure any brand can have a few bad apples though. Just my .02

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
look in any summit or Jegs book and Zoom has the biggest space in there,

Zoom isnot a unknown brand they have been around for years, i have seen Zoom cluches allover in my mustang Mags for a long time

its just a defective one that i got. I have seen a centerforce clutch separate from the disk and also had the pressure plate fingers snap right off with only 150miles on it outta a 6spd LT1 Sonoma, so its really not the company its IM just the lucky guy that got a defective one, just check Zooms site they sell some great stuff just like Centerforce dose

http://www.zoomclutch.com/PDF/2005_ZOOM_Catalog.pdf

well i did take the clutch back and there giving me back my money and paying for the labor to fix it and im getting a Ford racing King Cobra clutch

Users who are viewing this thread