zoom clutched?

KB281JD

Established Member
anyone know anything about zoom clutches? just got a viper spec t56 for my 02 gt and am trying to find a clutch that has holding power for 500-600hp and has a 'like factory' pedal feel! any recommendations?

thanks!

oldmodman

Established Member
There are several people on here that went to a Zoom clutch. The
Zoom Performance Products 903082S - Zoom D2 Series Twin Disc Clutch and they all seem to be happy with them. But they are damn expensive. I looked everywhere and the best price that i could find id $1099.00 I am planning to get one unless the Exidy goes on sale again. All of these users were previous Ram dual plate clutch users that pulled the Ram clutch out because they never got them to work properly.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Seems the best budget clutch in your hp/tq range is the Fidanza 4.3. I've got one ready to go in when I install my new motor.

KB281JD

Established Member
i want a stock feel clutch! i drove a friends car with a spec stage 2 and didnt like it at all...it was not even fun to drive.

i want a single disc to just to save on the pocket book for now. anyone run zoom single disc clutches?

JerseyTrueBlue

Established Member
The centerforce and ram dual friction clutches keep the stock pedal feel and have a much higher holding capacity. I run the centerforce df and love it, best clutch I have used. I also really like my buddies ram df, both great clutches. You could also run the DFX if you need a bit more, it too has a very light pedal feel. I don't know how much the zoom clutches are but my centerforce was only $330 from summit and it's the best investment I've ever made, 2k on the clock and it's still biting hard and easy to operate.

Last edited:

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
If you really want stock clutch feel and want it to hold 600HP consistently especially if you are going to run sticky tires at a track then your only option is a twin disc clutch. Any single clutch's that will hold that power is going to be a quite a bit stiffer then stock.

Users who are viewing this thread