ZR1 Christmas Kill

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
Soooo...just got finished installing the newly unwrapped interceptor gauges today and got them configured to my liking, i took a drive with my girl to drop off some gifts at my friends houses and just say hi when i see a b e a u t i f u l blue ZR1 at the first stoplight from my house. So i look to my girl and she says lets see if we can take him. As we turn left on the freeway, there is 1 car between us and and we are on the on ramp, im up front. I'm checking the rear view and i see him jump around the car between us and get right on my ass on the one lane on ramp, perfect, he's down to do this!

I check the freeway ahead for traffic and cops, drop to third get the RPM's around 3500 and just sit tight and wait for his move behind me.

He stomps it tries to jump around me, gets to my back fender and i drop it! brand new NT05R's hook and i jump a quick car and proceed to steadily pull, snap to fourth gear and continue, i shut her down around 120-130ish and hes about 3 or so cars back. My bloods pumping im hootin and hollerin because iv'e never raced a car this fast before. As we slow down he slides to the fast lane and im two lanes over, he rolls down the window i do the same, he's smiling and gives me a slight wave and a nod and stomps it and takes off, mind you im grinning from ear to ear, i jump off the next exit and go on my merry way.

I've been waiting to find a car to test against my cobra since the whipple/5.3 mmr motor. Right now she's on 14 PSI making 660, i have her going in a couple weeks for a pulley swap to make 18-19 PSI so i can put hurting on that ZR1 when he decides he needs to add more mods to his 120K car. Overall the guys seemed pretty cool, i hope to see him around again to chat....and race.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
a guy I work with has the same blue ZR1 that you are talking about. Those things looks so amazing.. great kill btw. did the ZR1 have a passenger?

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
a guy I work with has the same blue ZR1 that you are talking about. Those things looks so amazing.. great kill btw. did the ZR1 have a passenger?

ZR1 had a guy passenger so figure 180+ extra pounds

I bet he wasn't expecting that! Awesome kill!

thats what is great, he saw an easy win, bet he'll think twice before picking on a cobra.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I cannot imagine how that felt!!!!!! Those are the types of races we dream about when we do these crazy mods. Awesome kill!!!

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Nice kill. I'm sure he is wondering WTF is under your hood. Still, a very nice ride to beat anyway.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Very nice!! Always nice to run people that are expecting to beat you and then when it doesn't happen they just start wondering. Is something wrong with my car? LOL!!!

R1Lello

Established Member
so....truth is you let off when you ran out of gear while it was gaining and just starting to wake up at that speed. Don't hate and knock the $120k as you know it's a world class supercar that CAN do 200 mph+ and has just run a 10.30 @ 132 on Dr's, or 10.66 off the showroom floor.

evolve

Established Member
so....truth is you let off when you ran out of gear while it was gaining and just starting to wake up at that speed. Don't hate and knock the $120k as you know it's a world class supercar that CAN do 200 mph+ and has just run a 10.30 @ 132 on Dr's, or 10.66 off the showroom floor.

This is funny. It sounds as though the OPs car is faster. Are you saying anyone can jump in a ZR1 and drive a 10.3? Even with a good driver, the OP has a whipple and built motor! I read the post as the OP up by about 3 cars. Thats alot of ground to make up. Anyway, its still a damn nice kill. ZR1s are fast and beautiful cars, just not always the fastest.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
This is funny. It sounds as though the OPs car is faster. Are you saying anyone can jump in a ZR1 and drive a 10.3? Even with a good driver, the OP has a whipple and built motor! I read the post as the OP up by about 3 cars. Thats alot of ground to make up. Anyway, its still a damn nice kill. ZR1s are fast and beautiful cars, just not always the fastest.

to expand on this, not everyone that owns a ZR1 knows how to drive them

Users who are viewing this thread