Great Vid Carlos! :-D

I like how you fill the Corvette Mirror full of Mustang grill!! :dancenana:

Thanks for fixing the wind noise in your vids! :rockon:

Awesome!! :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Nice flea market situation at 3:12.. :)

Carlos, The left hander at the beginning of the vid, and later on.. Are you early apexing that on purpose due to car setup? The Corvette gets out of there really fast using the later apex..

racebronco2

Established Member
Nice flea market situation at 3:12.. :)

Carlos, The left hander at the beginning of the vid, and later on.. Are you early apexing that on purpose due to car setup? The Corvette gets out of there really fast using the later apex..

I can put my car anywhere on track. I early apex the carousel because when pushed most people end up plowing and going wide and having to lift which gives me a great opportunity to pass but as you can see this guy could also drive and even though his mirrors were filled with orange he didn't get rattled. He had some really good lines. What you don't see is that me trying to keep up at the carousel and i entered with too much speed and ended drifting around most of the turn, i lost several car lengths on that maneuver. I have part 2 which is the continuation of that session which i will post later.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I like how when the spin out happens everyone immediately behind just picks a short cut to another location on the course. The courses I have run don't have that option.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
AWESOME!!! GOD I love these OT vids!!!

Part 2!!!
Part 2!!!:banana::rockon::pepper:

Much better quality Carlos, and GREAT DRIVING!! Nice catch!

Super view of that enhanced hood too! I need to get one of those put together for my car too. WANT!!

racebronco2

Established Member
MY wife bought me a flip mino hd. The battery lasts 1 1/2 hour with 8mb of memory which is good enough for about 8 20 minute sessions. As you can hear the sound quality is really good.

Last edited:

Maynor

Established Member
Great vids Carlos. Please post part 2 and you're right, ZR1 driver knows what he's doing. Nice lines, composure and waited for passes. And Crikey! 345 tires? I want.

That vid made me realize that Corvette rear-end is finally starting to grow on me.

Last edited:

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Great video, first thing I thought was the ZR1 owner is a good driver. You definitely gave him so close ups of your grille!

racebronco2

Established Member
Part 2 same session. I was driving my ass off. He was catching me and tried to pass on the back straight going under the bridge but couldn't get it done. He was a little intimidated by the oval and i could've pulled away but the drivers rear was showing cords already and i was trying to be cautious over 100mph. I left in the passes on the slower cars to show the speed differential for those considering a miata, bmw etc. I am a muscle car guy and doubt i'll ever own a low hp track car. Part 2 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Part 2 same session. I was driving my ass off. He was catching me and tried to pass on the back straight going under the bridge but couldn't get it done. He was a little intimidated by the oval and i could've pulled away but the drivers rear was showing cords already and i was trying to be cautious over 100mph. I left in the passes on the slower cars to show the speed differential for those considering a miata, bmw etc. I am a muscle car guy and doubt i'll ever own a low hp track car. Part 2 - Car Videos on StreetFire

I think a lot of us get spoiled by the average Corvette drivers.
The newer Corvettes are a very formidable track car!! Put a real driver in one of them and the results are....

We get toasted.. more often than not.
The typical Vette drivers even I can hang with(usually), they just seem overly tentative.
BUT NOT THAT GUY!!! Great driving!!! Nice couple of catches in that one too Carlos!:rockon::beer: I think feeling the heat from that car, you may have out driven your considerable grip, or maybe the tires just over heated.
I love that front suspension you have!!:bowdown: The car just turns in like it's nothing!!!:eek::beer:

VNEMUS

Established Member
Great videos, Carlos!:thumbsup: What would you say your top speeds on the oval banking were and what gears do you have?

racebronco2

Established Member
Great videos, Carlos!:thumbsup: What would you say your top speeds on the oval banking were and what gears do you have?

I switched back to the 3.55's. But my 5th is .75 which hurts my acceleration. Top of 4th is 140mph and i did lokk down once and i was doing 150mph before the turn-in.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks again for the cobra cams.

Carlos what intake cams are you running now? Which year Cobras. Did you like the difference?
Did you try 3.73 gears with your trans set up or go directly from the 4.10s back to stock 3.55s. I've got several fairly fast friends here in Texas that are running a stock ratios T56( except for a couple Y2KR guys?) and 3.73 rears and for TWS and MSR Houston they really like them.

Did you ever try them at any of your tracks??

Am I driving you batty with all these questions yet?? LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread