ZR1 vs a terminator

racebronco2

Established Member
Carlos what intake cams are you running now? Which year Cobras. Did you like the difference?
Did you try 3.73 gears with your trans set up or go directly from the 4.10s back to stock 3.55s. I've got several fairly fast friends here in Texas that are running a stock ratios T56( except for a couple Y2KR guys?) and 3.73 rears and for TWS and MSR Houston they really like them.

Did you ever try them at any of your tracks??

Am I driving you batty with all these questions yet?? LOL!

I am running 97 cobra intake cams, degreed at 112* lc, exhaust is set at 114*lc. In my opinion me cobra rev's up quicker. When i was at 476hp i street raced 3 whipple powered cobra's. One got me off the line by 2 cars and that's where it stayed and i beat the other 2. They all had about 75 to 100 hp more then mine. Most terminators if not all, as you add boost the peak hp drops. Mine pulls to 6300rpms with either a 3.10 or a 2.93. Haven't dyno'd yet with my 2.80, dragon tb/plenum, jlt cai and tune by rick at amazon.

I guess that's why they say dyno's are just numbers the true test is at the track.

The 3.55's would work better at most tracks but mot at all the turns. The 3.55's will work better for the mojave mile in september where i expect to hit 175mph (3.55's in 5th at 6500rpms is 175mph).

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am running 97 cobra intake cams, degreed at 112* lc, exhaust is set at 114*lc. In my opinion me cobra rev's up quicker. When i was at 476hp i street raced 3 whipple powered cobra's. One got me off the line by 2 cars and that's where it stayed and i beat the other 2. They all had about 75 to 100 hp more then mine. Most terminators if not all, as you add boost the peak hp drops. Mine pulls to 6300rpms with either a 3.10 or a 2.93. Haven't dyno'd yet with my 2.80, dragon tb/plenum, jlt cai and tune by rick at amazon.

I guess that's why they say dyno's are just numbers the true test is at the track.

The 3.55's would work better at most tracks but mot at all the turns. The 3.55's will work better for the mojave mile in september where i expect to hit 175mph (3.55's in 5th at 6500rpms is 175mph).

Very interesting and that makes total sense now that you remind me about that Mojave Mile event. That should be really fun for ya.:rockon:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I think that early apexing was killing your exit speed and allowing him to pull away quicker than he should have. What track was this?

racebronco2

Established Member
I think that early apexing was killing your exit speed and allowing him to pull away quicker than he should have. What track was this?

As shown on the video the tighter apex didn't work. Next time i will be taking a better line and i just installed the stock 5th and 6th gears instead of the viper 5th and 6th gears. He won't pull away at the top end so much next time.

The track is auto club speedway roval in which we use nascar turn1 and 2.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
:thumbsup:Glad they went where they are put to good use.

This weekend i went to the drags, i didn't tell the other 5 cobra guys that i was running different cams but i know the whipple cobra was wondering why i was faster then he was. They are my little secret.

VNEMUS

Established Member
This weekend i went to the drags, i didn't tell the other 5 cobra guys that i was running different cams but i know the whipple cobra was wondering why i was faster then he was. They are my little secret.
^Do they know about the aluminum block and other weight reduction too? If it wasn't for your open track suspension set-up, you probably could have been even faster!;-)

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
^Do they know about the aluminum block and other weight reduction too? If it wasn't for your open track suspension set-up, you probably could have been even faster!;-)

With a different dif i could launch at more them 2500rpms without fear of blowing up the torsen tr2 (600.00 replacemnet cost).

Next time i will be more set-up, i will use my extra complete center section with a stock dif for drag racing along with different spring rates.

racebronco2

Established Member
Love the videos! -did i just see a PT cruiser?

Yes you did, the guy is an older guy .... maybe early 60's, that's his second one. He's been open tracking for about 5 years now with both of them. He had problems at the end of day on saturday so he brought out the other pt cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread