zx2-vs.-acura rsx type s

StangJason

Established Member
I raced an RSX at the track in my 87 LX. I had a bad run of 14.2 and he ran a 13.7 which is one of my better times in my 87 LX. I really have no idea what was done to the RSX though.

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
Sounds like you beat a rebadged base model. The Type S has 200hp (crank hp for 02-04) and the 05 has 210hp...not a big difference though. The base model has 160hp at the crank.

I believe that anything can happen on the street but odds are that you killed a base model with a bad/decient driver. But then again, maybe the guy really was driving a Type-S with a prostetic leg. Ah well, good kill!

-J

Note: don't take my sarcasm as flaming against you :)

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Lazerred98cobra said:
Hey ncie kill!! I just sold my 98 ZX2 and i miss it already mid 30s for mileage and i used to owe a lot of cars who thought they were so much quicker!! And mine was bone stock down to the paper filter! Infact i got a 15.6 out of mine bone stock! Not bad for a little ford 4 cyl IMO. I even took out a few Probe GTs and a 96 Mustang Gt. I know i shouldnt have but i did. :D
15.6?
how many mph?
that's pretty good!

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
overrated

QU!CK said:
Sounds like you beat a rebadged base model. The Type S has 200hp (crank hp for 02-04) and the 05 has 210hp...not a big difference though. The base model has 160hp at the crank.

I believe that anything can happen on the street but odds are that you killed a base model with a bad/decient driver. But then again, maybe the guy really was driving a Type-S with a prostetic leg. Ah well, good kill!

-J

Note: don't take my sarcasm as flaming against you :)
no it wasnt badged or that i could tell have raced a non type s and killed it. i know what i can beat and what i can not, so i knew i could beat him is the only reason i raced him. my car is not the fastest but is really quick.

blainestang

Established Member
ebear said:
Wow, faster then my v6 stang :(

@ 15.6, it shouldn't be. Mine (2000 V6) went 15.5@90 w/ a horrible 2.331 60' and just gt take-offs and infinitely-heavier-than-stock Bullitt's w/ 255 AVS ES100.

.....But, that is a good time for a ZX2. They are pretty nice sleepers. Being capable of mid-15's stock, you can surprise a LOT of people in that little econo-car.

Users who are viewing this thread