03 Cobra vs. 05 SRT-8 300

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Hey guys, my friend has his brother who just purchased one of the new SRT-8's and he thinks he can take me. I know his car has the real hemi, the 426? or whatever but i know i should take him cuz his cars heavy as hell. Post some thoughts and let me know what you think the outcome will be. I dont think he has any mods being i think the car was like 50K and he just got it and his bro who i work with doesnt think he has anything on it.

03 Cobra or SRT-8 300

TORQUERULES

Established Member
He doesn't stand a chance. The regular Hemi 300s run 13.9s-14.2s at best. You should run 12.5s stock if you can hook it okay. I seriously doub't the extra horses in his SRT version can come close to that.

caindo

Established Member
heavy as hell? its a 4100 pound car vs your 3900 lbs. blwon v8 vs na v8. you have more power though, and a weight adv. launch and go.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
a stock one just put down 367rwhp...it's not gonna be as easy as you think, plus it's an auto, so he'll most likely get you from a dead stop...good luck...oh and if you're modified, you shouldnt have a problem

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
caindo said:
heavy as hell? its a 4100 pound car vs your 3900 lbs. blwon v8 vs na v8. you have more power though, and a weight adv. launch and go.

im thinkin it might be close but i think i should take him.

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
caindo said:

your 3900 lbs

Maybe a vert with a few fat chicks in it...

zxport3

Established Member
Please be advised sir, Iv seen a 101% bone stock SRT8 go 13.1 at 109 this weekend right in front of my eyes. I know guys will tell you that your car will go 12.5's stock but fact of the matter is if you take your car to the track you will see that pulling those kinds of times are not that easy in stock trim. Im not saying a stock SRT8 is faster stock for stock agianst a 03 cobra cuz its not. All im saying is be very carefull off the line cuz once those cars get thier weight rolling they will put out.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
BlkSVTCobra said:
Hey guys, my friend has his brother who just purchased one of the new SRT-8's and he thinks he can take me. I know his car has the real hemi, the 426? or whatever but i know i should take him cuz his cars heavy as hell. Post some thoughts and let me know what you think the outcome will be. I dont think he has any mods being i think the car was like 50K and he just got it and his bro who i work with doesnt think he has anything on it.

03 Cobra or SRT-8 300

If he's stock he'll have no chance. Hell a bone stock Cobra should have no problem with them. Toward the end of the 1/4 mile the Cobra should start to inch away based on the numbers I got.

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
caindo said:
heavy as hell? its a 4100 pound car vs your 3900 lbs. blwon v8 vs na v8. you have more power though, and a weight adv. launch and go.[/Q

3900 for the Cobra, is it a conv? My conv at the dump weighed in at 3644 FYI without a driver.

Last edited:

kilroy