2017 C7 1LT Vette or 2022 Mach 1?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Resurrecting this thread LOL

I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase. I have ruled out a Vette...I'm just a Mustang guy...sigh. I feel like prices are high. The car market is in the crapper and I think people are still asking silly prices for their cars. The Mach 1 is still out there if I want it for $48,500. However, another guy local to me has a 2011 GT500 that is minty with 19k miles. It has the track pack. He is asking $41,500 "for a quick sale." Absolutely nothing is selling so I'm wondering what to do. I can hold off forever LOL, but I want my next Mustang! I know that whatever I offer will be realistic yet the seller will be offended. LOL

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
that seems rich.

That’s why I can’t pull the trigger. I’m not impulsive and I’m smart with $. I’m thinking it is a mid $30’s car but everything online is expensive. Private sellers see online asking prices and price based on them, but they are not selling for those prices. Covid is over, cash is king, and I’m not biting. If I quote him a price based on Kbb ($37k) he will shit himself. There is a private seller selling the same exact car in Phoenix (I’m in Vegas) except it is gray with red stripes for $45k. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kaz109

Established Member

I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase. I have ruled out a Vette...I'm just a Mustang guy...sigh. I feel like prices are high. The car market is in the crapper and I think people are still asking silly prices for their cars. The Mach 1 is still out there if I want it for $48,500. However, another guy local to me has a 2011 GT500 that is minty with 19k miles. It has the track pack. He is asking $41,500 "for a quick sale." Absolutely nothing is selling so I'm wondering what to do. I can hold off forever LOL, but I want my next Mustang! I know that whatever I offer will be realistic yet the seller will be offended. LOL
How many miles on this 2011? 41k doesn’t seem to bad if the mileage is right

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I have been pondering some of the same vehicles for my next fun car. For me its been used GT350 (gen 2 5.2), mach1 maybe an S197 5’hundy, or even a used late model ctsv, found quite a few in 50’ish k range… haven’t really wanted another vette, but the right deal on a GS or C7Z may sway me.

I was also eyeing the S650 mustang gt, get a fairly base car with an A10 and do a vmp or whipple setup, tune etc..

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
How many miles on this 2011? 41k doesn’t seem to bad if the mileage is right
Both GT500's have right around 20k miles on them. Both are track pack cars. Both are minty. The one local (Vegas) to me is red with white stripes and the one in Phoenix is gray with red stripes (really like the color combo). Both are private sellers and stock except the gray car has an MGW shorty shifter.

The Vegas car is $41,500 and the Phoenix car is $45K. I'd snatch either for $37k. What is the best way to determine private seller price? I know KBB isn't always accurate, but lists the car at a private party sale between $37 - $38K. I don't want to overpay, especially when I think prices are going to continue to tank. If I pay $42K for one and in a year it is worth $32K, I'd be cranky for not waiting.

@03Sssnake I cannot get behind the S650. If the 13-14 S197 is a home run by Ford, the S650 is a bunt into the catcher's mitt. I have also looked at C6Z's as I saw one parked at Caesar's Palace the other day when I went to a lunch meeting for work. Hot damn! But I love Mustangs. LOL

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Both GT500's have right around 20k miles on them. Both are track pack cars. Both are minty. The one local (Vegas) to me is red with white stripes and the one in Phoenix is gray with red stripes (really like the color combo). Both are private sellers and stock except the gray car has an MGW shorty shifter.

The Vegas car is $41,500 and the Phoenix car is $45K. I'd snatch either for $37k. What is the best way to determine private seller price? I know KBB isn't always accurate, but lists the car at a private party sale between $37 - $38K. I don't want to overpay, especially when I think prices are going to continue to tank. If I pay $42K for one and in a year it is worth $32K, I'd be cranky for not waiting.

@03Sssnake I cannot get behind the S650. If the 13-14 S197 is a home run by Ford, the S650 is a bunt into the catcher's mitt. I have also looked at C6Z's as I saw one parked at Caesar's Palace the other day when I went to a lunch meeting for work. Hot damn! But I love Mustangs. LOL
I hear yah, just started considering what I could get new in the ballpark of what I was considering. The C6Z is a badass car, have driven a few heads and cam Z06s, NA monsters! If you can live with the interior, then game on!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I hear yah, just started considering what I could get new in the ballpark of what I was considering. The C6Z is a badass car, have driven a few heads and cam Z06s, NA monsters! If you can live with the interior, then game on!
There is actually a C7 monster for sale in Henderson, which is where I live. However, it is someone else's build. Has an Edelbrock SC, stage 2 cams, and ported heads. Not sure how I feel about $56K for a 10 year old modded Vette.

Modded Vette near Vegas

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There is actually a C7 monster for sale in Henderson, which is where I live. However, it is someone else's build. Has an Edelbrock SC, stage 2 cams, and ported heads. Not sure how I feel about $56K for a 10 year old modded Vette.

Modded Vette near Vegas
Could be a well sorted car, but you never know, would really be rolling the dice on a first year car and someone else’s build. Good looking car though, may be worth it if they are willing to let you check it out, do a compression/leak down etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That Mach 1 (which is still available with a lowered price) is still grabbing my eye. That is a stunning Mustang. And it's a '22, with only 5K miles.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That Mach 1 (which is still available with a lowered price) is still grabbing my eye. That is a stunning Mustang. And it's a '22, with only 5K miles.
I'm still loving the Mach 1. When I went to look at it the car was in need of a detailing, which made me wonder about whether or not he cares for the car, but at 5k miles how bad could it be? LOL
the wing and hood say otherwise :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The hood is OK, but that wing...ugh!

Did I mention that I want to daily drive the car I purchase? My commute is 3 or 4 days per week and about 20 minutes. I bought a 2023 Acura MDX last year and I've already had enough of this Ward Cleaver bullshit. My daughter will be 16 in July and was thinking of just letting her drive the Acura and I'll pick up a Mustang. Can't imagine how expensive the auto insurance premium will be for a 16 year old Vegas driver...I've heard horror stories. LOL

LS WUT

Established Member
For sure man. My brother still has his Z51 C7. He just bought a 2017 C7 Z06 3LZ. I’m excited to see how it is compared to my buddies 7 Speed. He got the automatic for racing.

kaz109

Established Member
@jpro I dont even know what you are ****ing around, you just need to find out and get you a 13 GT and put a Boss intake on it and decimate all!!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
@jpro I dont even know what you are ****ing around, you just need to find out and get you a 13 GT and put a Boss intake on it and decimate all!!

You’re ****ing right! LOL

#toughlove

Plenty of 13/14 GTs in pristine condition here and when I see them I get a little aroused and think I should just get an unmolested one and mod it. 13/14 is a home run!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread