BADASS Thread

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Didn't want to create a thread for this since it's been out 3 weeks now, but I haven't seen anything posted here so figured it would get seen here and someone can start a thread for it if they want.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
are you a bmx guy???

when i was a kid never even knew about that world…. Kinda wish I would have
When I was a young teen I had a Hustler Pro with Skyway mags. Black and White, pegs front and back, rotor on handlebars, front back breaks. I could Miami Hop, do the 180 bunny hop to the back wheel then spin around for the 360, tabletops, jumped 150 times on the front wheel, mad quarter pipe air. Did alot of skating and skim boarding as well. This was me pulling a flat skim Ollie st 18….did mad Ollie shovets.

IMG_6669.jpeg

Mine was similar to this….

IMG_3056.jpeg

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
When I was a young teen I had a Hustler Pro with Skyway mags. Black and White, pegs front and back, rotor on handlebars, front back breaks. I could Miami Hop, do the 180 bunny hop to the back wheel then spin around for the 360, tabletops, jumped 150 times on the front wheel, mad quarter pipe air. Did alot of skating and skim boarding as well. This was me pulling a flat skim Ollie st 18….did mad Ollie shovets.

View attachment 1839030

View attachment 1839031

I dunno what that all means, but sounds awesome.

I got into aggressive skating back in the day… kinda wish it would have been skateboarding instead. Looking back, rollerblades were kinda gay. Lol.

Did do some pretty gnarly shit on them….

Good trip down memory lane!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I dunno what that all means, but sounds awesome.

I got into aggressive skating back in the day… kinda wish it would have been skateboarding instead. Looking back, rollerblades were kinda gay. Lol.

Did do some pretty gnarly shit on them….

Good trip down memory lane!
Did those also but when I was about 20-25 in the Military. Use to roller blade all over downtown Charleston. We use to fly down parking garages, lol. Loved skateboarding and was the king at 360's and Ollies.

blownstang01

Established Member

View attachment 1839030

View attachment 1839031
I was huge into BMX when I was younger, peaked at the right time....1984-86 ish. Now, I'm starting a collection of the bikes I couldn't afford back then. Just made a deal on a complete and mint GT. Got a lead on a really nice original Mongoose, and same guy has a couple Dyno's supposedly. One of these guys that rarely sell anything though, going to try and hook up with him in the next few weeks to see if I can pry his hands off any...

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm working on a wind tunnel application at a university in downtown chicago. It's an older winder tunnel that uses a 2000 HP squirrel cage induction machine (across the line) into an eddy current clutch. The clutch is what is used to vary speed to the fan. Well, the clutch is massively inefficient. Especially as speed is reduced. At 50% speed this thing is like 40% efficient. So tons of losses. To add to the inefficiency, the rectifier for the clutch controller is burned up. So I'm pitching an MV VFD and new motor that will direct drive the fan. Funding is approved and I'm pretty sure I have this one in the bag. Call it 80% probabilty.

Anyhow, in the lobby of the engineering center they have a cutaway of a J79 jet engine out of an F-4 Phantom. Very cool. I stared at it for a while. #supernerd

IMG_1657.jpg
IMG_1656.jpg
IMG_1655.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I was huge into BMX when I was younger, peaked at the right time....1984-86 ish. Now, I'm starting a collection of the bikes I couldn't afford back then. Just made a deal on a complete and mint GT. Got a lead on a really nice original Mongoose, and same guy has a couple Dyno's supposedly. One of these guys that rarely sell anything though, going to try and hook up with him in the next few weeks to see if I can pry his hands off any...
I would have loved to have Haro back then!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Did those also but when I was about 20-25 in the Military. Use to roller blade all over downtown Charleston. We use to fly down parking garages, lol. Loved skateboarding and was the king at 360's and Ollies.

We used to do that when I was a teen and my family still had skating rinks. My brother and I were friends with most of the employees so when I was 13 or 14 and my brother was 21 my parents would let me stay out late with them as long as my brother was there, but we'd go out at 2 and 3am and go skate around Tacoma and the Spanaway area and hit up parking garages and it was really fun skating through the universities. We skated UW one time and that was really fun.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I would have loved to have Haro back then!
That was my last BMX that was stolen from me, cant recall the model though. Got it from a pawn shop, it had the oval piped main frame, freestyle handle bars, brakes, pegs. Swapped out the plastic rims for a Sumo set I had from my previous bike.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sending these to my dad. He was a jet engine mechanic in the early/mid 80s at Travis AFB. Spent almost all of his time on the F4.
I'm going to spending a lot of time there in the next few months. If he'd like to see something in particular, let me know. I'll get better pics. It was in a vestibule that was locked. I'm sure they will unlock it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread