Black '03 nose down in ditch

Smokdu

Established Member
A fellow Mustang fan I met today informed me that someone had posted pics of my Black '03 nose down in the ditch after my accident. Can someone direct me to them? I'm curious to see how it looked from an external perspective. Thanks.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
damn that was your car? I think we were all trying to figure out what happened becasue you went in at such an angle.

Smokdu

Established Member
Yup, it was me. I had an allergic reaction to some medication my Dr. prescribed and had a seizure. I remember feeling sick and deciding to turn around to go back home instead of going to work. Next thing I remember is a cop knocking on my window trying to get my attention and I'm in the ditch at an angle. I lost about 15-20 minutes and when I woke up there were cop cars, a couple of fire trucks and an ambulance.

The lucky thing is that I was going in late that day so there was no traffic on the road when it happened.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Originally posted by Smokdu
Yup, it was me. I had an allergic reaction to some medication my Dr. prescribed and had a seizure. I remember feeling sick and deciding to turn around to go back home instead of going to work. Next thing I remember is a cop knocking on my window trying to get my attention and I'm in the ditch at an angle. I lost about 15-20 minutes and when I woke up there were cop cars, a couple of fire trucks and an ambulance.

The lucky thing is that I was going in late that day so there was no traffic on the road when it happened.

Damn dude, most of us thought it happened due to your bald drag radials and street racing. Glad you're OK, and your car isnt in that ditch anymore. I guess next time the doctor asks if I'm allergic to any medication I won't just shrug it off...Take care.

-pete:coolman:

04Screamer

Established Member
Good thing your OK. How is your car? It looked like it could be bad from the pics but it was hard to tell.

Smokdu

Established Member
Man you guys were BRUTAL on that thread!! :bash:

The car is back in perfect shape and wrong, all of my papers were in order. I was just so out of it that I couldn't provide the cop a straight answer considering I had a seizure, blacked out and all. Hell, he had me go through the whole sobriety thing as soon as I got out of the car. Can't say I blame him.

Thanks for directing me to the pics!

Originally posted by slythetove
I posted it. Sorry you had a seizure. Most of us figured you were racing and lost it.

Here is the link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76528

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
yeah i saw this on DFWstangs first but thought it would be better if i replied over here. I am glad u are ok bro. let us know if there is anything we can do for ya!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Man you guys were BRUTAL on that thread!! :bash:

The car is back in perfect shape and wrong,

Ahhh maybe your better edit that to WAS in perfect shape.

Sorry just couldnt let that go. Were all glad a fellow owner is ok. Everyone watches real close to accidents on here.

If I remember right in the thread, we noticed there was no didnt skid marks into the hole. How bad was the damage?

Glad your ok

Smokdu

Established Member
Very nice. I guess as far as the record books go it has now been involved in an accident. The only real damage was the front bumper which was replaced with a new one. Front passenger rim got scratched but they sent that off for re-tooling and it looks exactly like to other rims now (new). No other damage to it and it still runs like a champ.

I guess when I blacked out my foot came off the gas and I basically rolled onto the shoulder, coasted for a bit then rolled into the ditch. I'm surprised that the car didn't stall though if my foot came off the gas and the car was in gear. Can't remember a thing.

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Ahhh maybe your better edit that to WAS in perfect shape.

Sorry just couldnt let that go. Were all glad a fellow owner is ok. Everyone watches real close to accidents on here.

If I remember right in the thread, we noticed there was no didnt skid marks into the hole. How bad was the damage?

Glad your ok

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Damn, glad to see that you're OK and weren't street racing. I actually saw the pics and read about it over at Z06 vette.com, and I guess we were a bit harsh in the thread, apologies from SVTP. But glad that you're ok though;-) :thumbsup:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Very nice. I guess as far as the record books go it has now been involved in an accident. The only real damage was the front bumper which was replaced with a new one. Front passenger rim got scratched but they sent that off for re-tooling and it looks exactly like to other rims now (new). No other damage to it and it still runs like a champ.

I guess when I blacked out my foot came off the gas and I basically rolled onto the shoulder, coasted for a bit then rolled into the ditch. I'm surprised that the car didn't stall though if my foot came off the gas and the car was in gear. Can't remember a thing.

The car wont stall if your idling even up a incline. Mine doesnt, the EEC will try to keep the rpm.

As far as the record books you cant getting caught in a little rut with the tires a accident?

Im sorry I just cant seem to not give you a hard time.

Did you check out your exhaust? or was this one of those just pay for it yourself so rates dont go up.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
So is that really a Middlkauf badge I see on the back there? From the pics it looks like crashed not far from Bankston Ford. Glad you're ok and the car is fixed.

Smokdu

Established Member
Interesting about the stall comment. I'll have to try that. I've never driven a car that didn't stall when the rpm's dropped too low while the car is in gear. Of course my last car was a '93 5.0 LX so maybe things have changed a lot since then but I doubt that.

You lost me on your second point about the tires. I'm guessing you are jumping on the bald tire bandwagon there. Look very closely at the pictures and you will notice tread on them under the dirt. Those are Nitto 315 street slicks and don't come with a ton of tread on them brand new. Hell, they get more road contact and better traction, in dry weather anyway, as the tread wears out.

Keep in mind I wasn't doing an offroad 4-wheel drive stunt here. I apparently coasted quite a distance on a dusty dirt shoulder prior to the nose dive into that pit.

Pulled it onto a ramp after I got it back from the insurance fix and there is a very small quarter sized ding (barely noticeable) in one of the "mufflers" of the Bassani. I think this was from one of those monster speed bumps I crawled over a while back, not this accident.

My insurance company did a great job getting everything fixed up for me and I HIGHLY recommend them based on their thoroughness (sp?) and professionalism. PM me if you're in the market for a solid insurance company. No rate hike or anything.

Not sure why I continue to explain this as I don't know most of you from a bum on the street but a lot of people out there have been very positive and cool about this so I'm trying to be a good sport.

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
The car wont stall if your idling even up a incline. Mine doesnt, the EEC will try to keep the rpm.

As far as the record books you cant getting caught in a little rut with the tires a accident?

Im sorry I just cant seem to not give you a hard time.

Did you check out your exhaust? or was this one of those just pay for it yourself so rates dont go up.

Smokdu

Established Member
Yes it is. I've had excellent service from them for warranty work. They did an excellent job fixing my "Tick" issue.

Thanks.

Originally posted by foofinator
So is that really a Middlkauf badge I see on the back there? From the pics it looks like crashed not far from Bankston Ford. Glad you're ok and the car is fixed.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Not sure why I continue to explain this as I don't know most of you from a bum on the street but a lot of people out there have been very positive and cool about this so I'm trying to be a good sport.

Yea thats us but the only thing that seperates us and bum on the street is we all drive Cobras lol And if you need anything this is the place to come for help.

Actually the tire comment I first made about skid marks was true I did notice there really wasnt any skid marks! not from little tread nittos either. I actaully thought there had to be more to the story with no front tire skid marks threw the dirt with no rear marks.

As far as the tire rut I was being funny so when people ask you about the accident you can say it was only a little tire rut or larger pot hole you were stuck in lol.

Seriously this Forum has allot of nicest Cobra Bums I ever met always willin to help with anything. facts figs loaner parts. I have heard of people driving 3 or 4 hours just to help someone.

Good to hear about the ins. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread