Can I go down one pulley size?

robvas

Established Member
2011 Mustang GT
FRPP Whipple 2.3
Kooks longtubes, JLT intake, JMS BAP

Currently running a 3.250 pulley on 93, barely hitting 9psi

I was thinking about dropping down to a 3.125 pulley in an attempt to get another 20hp out of it.

Right now I'm seeing spark advance in the 16's and knock sensor PID is showing -1.5 to -2 during WOT pulls through the gears.

Car is Lund tuned but that was way back when they still did SCT, so I can't have them just do a revision or anything like that.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Aren't the knock readings in the Coyote backwards? Meaning negative numbers is adding timing. How much timing is being commanded?

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
2011 Mustang GT
FRPP Whipple 2.3
Kooks longtubes, JLT intake, JMS BAP

Currently running a 3.250 pulley on 93, barely hitting 9psi

I was thinking about dropping down to a 3.125 pulley in an attempt to get another 20hp out of it.

Right now I'm seeing spark advance in the 16's and knock sensor PID is showing -2 to -2.5 during WOT pulls through the gears.

Car is Lund tuned but that was way back when they still did SCT, so I can't have them just do a revision or anything like that.

Thoughts?
On my 13gt I went down to a 79mm(3.0) pulley on 93 pump gas tune, 2.3 VMP. PBD said that is the smallest you can go on pump gas any smaller you need E85.

robvas

Established Member
Aren't the knock readings in the Coyote backwards? Meaning negative numbers is adding timing. How much timing is being commanded?

According the logs the spark advance is in the 16's during WOT

01yellercobra

Established Member
That seems pretty tame. But I don't know a lot about tuning Coyotes. You can always try it and watch the knock and wideband.

Rambro

Established Member
I wouldn’t spin that 2.3 whipple any harder than 10 psi on a high compression, pump gas coyote. The 03/04 cobras with 2.3 whipples, usually the 3.0 upper is the limit on 93 pump and the cobra engine is 8.5:1 compression.

decipha

Established Member
The coyote MBTs at 26 deg. 13-16 deg is the normal for boosted 1st gen yotes on pump.

~8.8psi to ~10psi shouldn't be anything critical thats only a ~27.5rwhp gain.

If your logging 16 and -2KR then that means they are commanding 14.

You can always do a revision to any tune. If lund doesn't want to then just rip the ecu out and ship it along with the handheld to myself or any reputable tuner and they can adjust it for you no problem.

BUT... no tune changes are needed for what your wanting to do.

robvas

Established Member
Installed....feels a little peppier maybe?

I'm seeing 4lbs/min higher on the MAF than before at 6800RPM, with a peak of 71lbs/min

Wasn't expecting it to get squirrely going into 3rd. Didn't pickup any knock.

Also I need to downgrade this laptop back down to Windows 7 or 10 because Windows 11 won't let me change the screen resolution lower than 1920x1080 and that's way too ****ing small for a 12" display.

Attachments

• knock.png
    knock.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 4
  • MPH.png
    MPH.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
  • spark.png
    spark.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread