Compression Ratio affects on supercharging

wesley_meyers

I'm going to rebuild my 1973 Ford 460 and see if I can make it worth doing this time. 12 years ago I bought parts to rebuild it offline some place called RPM Performance . I told them the gear ratio was 488 dana 70 - Ford 460 - C6 auto- 2 wheel drive 39.5 x 15 bloggers tires. Gonna drive it where ever when ever. They said I need these parts. This was a few years back so I'll try to remember. I think it was a 420 gross lift cam new factory type lifters . Had it bored out 30 so I hd to get new pistons an used factory rods. So I get the parts put them the motor and it would not even brake the tires loose on the asphalt . The buggy way back in 1990 before this last 1 It had a stock 1970 460 from a Lincoln it has 62,000 factory miles. It had 36x12 off road tires a 356 geared 9 inch rear end it would lay rubber both tires for 21 feet. So I'm wanting to stick a blower I found off an old diesel engine cuz this time I hopping to find at least 850 from this 460 I have now. I see these guys on Engine Masters if I remember right the CC Com- size ports in the heads did not make much difference so I want to use factory valves but I'll port the heads. Factory crank but I'll take it easy till I can get the money for a forged crank. I already bought the hydraulic roller lifters and I bought a Lunati Cam but I think I'm gonna return it I don't think its got enough lift. It says best rpm range is 2400 to 6600 has 237/243 at .050 . 110 degree lobe Sep- has 0.650/0.666 valve lift . I bought 30 over forged pistons already cuz the motor has only 18 hours running time. I had divorce so just didn't have time to go out an dig up the woods with it so its not been run hard at all and no miles to speak of. I look at a few cams on eBay and amazon. I thought maybe I should ask for help before I spend more wasted time online. I'll drive this buggy every where I hope that helps. I also have found away to engage and disengage the main supercharger shaft on the blower. So I can turn it off when doing need it. That worries me because not sure about the octane of the gas I'll need cuz I don't want to blow my blower all over the last scape. I also found away to run the buggy on hydrogen and on a Holley Sniper EFI Cab-. Until I can come up with a power supply that can handle 30 amps and all day without melting its self I may have to start the motor on gas from the Holley Sniper then when this device makes enough hydrogen then I can switch over the 100% hydrogen . Anyway if anyone can help me get the parts for this motor then I can get it running then I can get with Elon Musk and sell his all this crazy stuff then you can buy it from him. I'm and sure he is not going to screw the world out of a better way to power our vehicles. Living on $940 a month from disability sucks. I have a prototype flying vehicle I was working on it will run on hydrogen but I need a 2nd vehicle in case the 1 I have now takes a poo on me or I crash it. I can buy the propellers I need but they are way to much for me to buy with my limited funds.
Anyway thanks for any help. May the Gods bless us all some more than others .

Users who are viewing this thread