Easy question....4 someone...

Stinger2007

Established Member
Dad just acquired an 2006 GT convert.....

He wants to lower it.... has anyone lowered theirs yet?

He's looking for kits...I've googled and found some but, I need to know whos done it....what kit, and how it's handling is.

Can anyone shine some light?

Thanks in advance,

:shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
wrong forum....

there are a ton of kits out there from mild to wild. the easiest way is just get four shorter sport springs from a good company. i would however recomend an adjustable coilover kit for the mustang so you can control the settings at each wheel.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
my gf has an 06gt vert she had ford do it came out great handles even better. i think it droped 1 3/4 in the back 1 1/2 in front. they also put a roush supercharger in it, added allmost 100rwhp to the car. now it looks good and goes good too. and she got to keep her factory warranty.:pepper: :burnout:

Last edited:

MD03SVT

Established Member
I have the Eibach pro kit on my vert and am happy with them the drop is just right & ride is very good.

Stinger2007

Established Member
U guys rock! Thanks....

Also, "On d Bit" Thank you for your insight, the info was just what I needed. I have some pics that I haven't posted yet....but dad got the GT by accident. He had ordered an 07 Wht Shelby, the Stealership said something fell through and he didn't get, So he got the GT...

Well, a week later his shelby came in, and now the garage is packed with 2-fresh rides. A new 07 Shelby 500-red with wht stripes, and a red 07-GT vert with Blck stripes.

The funny part, he plans on tinkering with the GT and will sell\trade it in on the White 2008 Shelby with Blue stripes. So.....very soon, he'll be in position of 2 shelbys.....I'm going to talk him into giving me one.....Ha ha ha. He want's me to purchase the GT.

I figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone by posting in her. I now realize that the suspension on the Shlby is different. Again, thank all of you for ur quick responses, it's the 4th....go have some fun. :)

Last edited:

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Check out BMR fabrication I ordered thier UCA <LCA's adjustable panhard rod and relocator. Front and rear sway bars and got the H&R sport cup lowering springs all the way around drops 1.2 in rear and 1.6 in front. Buddy has same kit looks sic

Users who are viewing this thread