Help on deciding which Fuel Pump?

SVTCobraMiami

Established Member
I’ve been going through a DSG cobra I own, at my shop. Brought down the tank and want to upgrade fuel pumps. Currently it has stock Motorcraft. In the future I would like to run E85 and Pump Gas options. Engine and Tranny are removed as well. Will be throwing a whipple when the time comes.

I found on LMR this option:

2003-04 MUSTANG DEATSCHWERKS DUAL 340LPH FUEL PUMP KIT​

What are your thoughts? Recommend something better? Thank you for your time.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
If you plan on slapping a Whipple on the car in the future. Save for a return system and never worry about messing with the fuel system ever again.

olympic

Established Member
Aftermarket pumps won't last in a returnless system which uses PWM to control the pump speed. The only viable upgrade for a returnless system are the GT40 pumps. They'll support around 650whp on pump gas, less on E85.

If a Whipple and E85 are in your future, save up for a quality return fuel system, like Fore.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I’ve been going through a DSG cobra I own, at my shop. Brought down the tank and want to upgrade fuel pumps. Currently it has stock Motorcraft. In the future I would like to run E85 and Pump Gas options. Engine and Tranny are removed as well. Will be throwing a whipple when the time comes.

I found on LMR this option:

2003-04 MUSTANG DEATSCHWERKS DUAL 340LPH FUEL PUMP KIT​

What are your thoughts? Recommend something better? Thank you for your time.

to run E85 you’re really going to want to do a fuel system preferably a fort Innovations is what we would recommend

Send me a DM and we can go over your goals. Your also welcome to call - 855-827-7223 , I take calls 8am to 10pm Seven Days a week. - www.beefcakeracing.com

blwn89gt

Established Member
Buy once, Cry once. Do a fore system. I set my car up to run e85 even though I haven’t and probably won’t until I don’t have to do emissions testing in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blwn89gt

Established Member
Thank you everyone for your input. Who can help me with this “Fore” return style fuel system?

Fwiw I have the Fore rails, ID1050x injectors, fore dual hat with the two 274 pumps which are 430 LPH each, fore regulator, -8 supply and -6 return.

Sent from my iPhone

blwn89gt

Established Member

I wound up putting my setup together on my own but check out Fores website. They sell kits or honestly just reach out to them. They have always answered quickly and have been very helpful. I bought 20’ of both -8 and -6 and I drew out a rough diagram of what I needed and calculated fittings and stuff and just did it little by little.

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread