Ford Extended Service Plan for tire and wheel coverage

reason4treason

Established Member
does the ESP tireCARE cost vary from dealer to dealer?

anybody else getting this on the '13 GT500?

if so, what did you get charged for it?

finance guy was out yesterday so inventory mgr giving me an out-the-door itemization typed "Service Contracts and GAP 656.00"

i thought i remembered someone saying a couple months ago that theirs was between 350-400.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
does the ESP tireCARE cost vary from dealer to dealer?

anybody else getting this on the '13 GT500?

if so, what did you get charged for it?

finance guy was out yesterday so inventory mgr giving me an out-the-door itemization typed "Service Contracts and GAP 656.00"

i thought i remembered someone saying a couple months ago that theirs was between 350-400.

It was 299.99 at the dealership I bought my car at.. I passed on all that crap, except the wheel/tire warranty I actually thought about because it does seem like a ok deal.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It was 299.99 at the dealership I bought my car at.. I passed on all that crap, except the wheel/tire warranty I actually thought about because it does seem like a ok deal.

I have seen a couple of posts that mention having flat tires and having to replace the $400+ tire because of a nail in the wrong place. If I could get a warranty that would cover road hazards, it would be worth it.

03reptile

Established Member
I bought the tire/wheel extended warranty for the 2013. It was $356.00, so I guess prices do vary from dealer to dealer. Given the expense of the tires, but more so, the distinct possiblity of scraping a wheel on a curb (did so twice with my previous car) Its good to know that would be covered. I let the rest fly, but felt this was a good investment. We'll see!

Snoopy49

Established Member
I bought the tire/wheel extended warranty for the 2013.

What was the length of the warranty and is it transferable to the new tires that have to be replaced due to wear? If you decide to replace the wheels, will the warranty transfer to the new ones?

phil123

Established Member
The ESP Ford tire care is like any other Ford ESP plan or car for that matter dealers can charge whatever they want. I got mine online for $256 for the longest term, five years. New tires transfer but I don't know about wheels. It only covers wheels if they are structurally damaged not cosmetically. For the price I paid it seems like a good deal. I wouldn't buy any type of Ford ESP without checking the prices of the dealers that sell online. In my experience the difference is considerable.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Gap is only worth it if you are financing more than 80% of purchase price and are doing a loan of more than 60mos FYI

reason4treason

Established Member
Gap is only worth it if you are financing more than 80% of purchase price and are doing a loan of more than 60mos FYI

yeh, i didn't want GAP, just the ESP tireCARE. that's why i think the guy entered it incorrectly.

sounds like it may very well be better to omit it if it's 650+. i'll look into it further.

from what i understand, it covers "road hazards". a curb is not a chunk of crap that you hit in the highway. it's something that's supposed to be there, and i guess they assume negligence on the part of the driver. it seems to be that you pay, then they reimburse you, so if you say it was a brick for example laying on the highway.....

On the other hand if you just say you were in Yosemite, your girlfriend pointed at something and said, "WOW!" , you turned to look at whatever it was for more than a second, and you hit the asphalt curb they have on those twisty-ass roads through there and dented your rim (yup, did that in my Vette), you're not covered. not gonna cover normal wear either.

Extend Your Protection With Ford ESP TireCARE

No Pressure! Just Peace of Mind

Ford ESP TireCARE is designed to do just that by offering industry leading tire and wheel coverage*

100% reimbursement for tire and wheel damages due to a road hazard such as:
Glass or metal in the road
Potholes, debris, nails, blowouts, etc.
Repairs or replaces flat tires due to road hazard
Taxes, labor costs, mounting and disposal, balancing fees and valve stems are covered
Provides towing to the nearest Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership or tire repair facility

With Ford's ESP TireCARE coverage, you avoid the "gotchas" by having worry-free coverage:
No limits or claim benefits
Covers replacement tires and wheels for the duration of contract
Available on eligible new and used vehicles
No mileage limitations and up to five years of coverage
No limit on occurences
Cover tires with run-flat technology

Wheel and Rim Protection
Wheel and rim protection is available for the life of the contract
Wheel inspection may be required prior to claim approval

Tire Protection
Tire repair includes all costs associated with repair (i.e., weights, valve stems and disposal)
If the tire is non-repairable and has more than 3/32" of tread depth remaining, reimbursement will be provided for the replacement of the damaged tire with a new tire of like kind, quality and cost
Owner will be reimbursed 100% of the cost of a new tire, including mounting, balancing, new valve stem, tire disposal and sales tax as shown on the sales invoice
Tire inspection may be required prior to claim approval

DentCARE/TireCARE is not available in all 50 states.

*Curb and cosmetic damages to the wheels are excluded.

TireCARE is only available from your dealer.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If the tire is non-repairable and has more than 3/32" of tread depth remaining, reimbursement will be provided for the replacement of the damaged tire with a new tire of like kind, quality and cost
Owner will be reimbursed 100% of the cost of a new tire, including mounting, balancing, new valve stem, tire disposal and sales tax as shown on the sales invoice
Tire inspection may be required prior to claim approval.

This may be a problem, how deep is the tread on a new GT500 tire?

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
*Curb and cosmetic damages to the wheels are excluded.

That last disclaimer is huge. I got the warranty with my 2010...biggest waste of money IMO. I curbed a wheel and they wouldn't cover it. Cosmetic damage. Let's face it..most of the damage we do on these wheels is cosmetic. I have never bent a rim or had a piece of debris slice a tire where it was non-repairable. If you must have wheel/tire warranty there are 3rd party companies that DO cover cosmetic damage and they are relatively cheap. I'm passing on all extended warranties next time.

Last edited:

Florian

Established Member
I bought the tire/wheel extended warranty for the 2013. It was $356.00, so I guess prices do vary from dealer to dealer. Given the expense of the tires, but more so, the distinct possiblity of scraping a wheel on a curb (did so twice with my previous car) Its good to know that would be covered. I let the rest fly, but felt this was a good investment. We'll see!

read your contract, youre not covered for cosmetic damage, only failure of the wheel/tire itself.

F

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Much like any other large purchase, the "extended service plan" is just another last grab at your wallet. They're trash and more of a hassle to mess with than just replacing whatever happens. Sounds like a good idea when you're rolling the cost into payment plan.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Not worth it at all even for 300, had some damage to one of my wheels with this. The dealer considered it "cosmetic" and I had a nightmare of a time getting the money back. They sell these for one reason to make money, don't think you will get your moneys worth. If you can't afford to repair/replace a wheel/tire this isn't the car for you.

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
i've never had this from Ford or anyone else before, so i have no idea how much of a problem it is to get reimbursed.

i'd think "cosmetic" damage to the wheel is just something that effects appearance. "structural" damage ought to be covered if for example you're on an interstate at night in heavy traffic and don't have time or opportunity to swerve to avoid a chunk of concrete that fell off the back of some truck.

if it's only 400, and structural damage to wheels, and situations where a screw for example is so close to the edge that most places would not repair it, than that's not bad. an OEM chrome Vette wheel cost me 800 and i thought that was ridiculous. that svtpp wheel price that someone quoted last month was well over twice that amount. if coverage was good, 400 for 5 years sounds worthwhile to me. IF. it seems the biggest issue here is what it's like to get a claim handled. and info on that is best to obtain from someone who's had this from Ford before. it also may well be the case that similar, or possibly superior coverage could be purchased elsewhere for less. that sounds about right.

Myfast70

Established Member
I don't buy extended warranties on anything as most of them are BS and money makers for whoever is selling them. But this one I may buy. I live in a new neighborhood that still has lost of construction so nails in tires are pretty common. If I use it one time in 5 years it will have paid for itself. Tires for these cars are over $400 ea so it may be a worthwhile one. i guess it wii depend how much the dealer wants to charge for it.

carguy19

Established Member
anyone that doesnt take tire and wheel coverage for 5 years for 300 bucks or so is retarded.

Our tires are 400 + and rims are MUCH more. I think ford parts dept charges 900 a peice for them.

One nail in a tire and it pays for itself. nevermind if you damage a rim on a pothole.

cosmetic means if you rub your wheel on a curb or chip the paint on the wheel that wouldnt be covered.

Our roads in NJ are horrid, so I can understand you Florida guys not getting it VS colder climates because I've never seen a pothole there, but just for nails and glass and debris I think its still way worth it.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
My main concern about the tire warranty is the 3/32" tread depth limitation. How does that translate to normal mileage on these tires? The tread doesn't look much deeper than that when they are new.
Can someone measure the tread depth on a new Goodyear?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Contact Ed Smith @Tipton Ford/MeRCURY for an extended warranty. (888) 863-4308

When I purchased my ESP, I called over 40 dealerships for a price on an extended warranty and Ed beat all the other guys by a substantial amount. Moreover, he knew the ESPs very well, and he is a very nice person.

Users who are viewing this thread