Poll: True Forged Wheels, Best Size for Rear: 18x10.5 or 18x11, opinions / pics?

True Forged Wheels, Best Size for Rear: 18x10.5 or 18x11?

• 18x10.5 - 04Sleeper Offset

Votes: 40 34.8%
  • 18x11 - Flushmount

Votes: 75 65.2%

• Total voters

ITL Cobra

Established Member
I have the flush cut on my 19x10.5 with a 305 Invos. Thinking about going to a 285 for a better look, as at 621 RWHP I dont get traction anyway with street tires.

Crappy cell phone pic. (Just got the MM Coil Overs Installed)
Cobra_2012_2.jpg

Cobra_2012_1.jpg

Better Pics, before coil overs.
Cobra10.jpg

Cobra6.jpg

Cobra2.jpg

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
best without rolling fenders would be a bit less than 04sleeper's offset. Mine rub a bit one one side even after rolling fyi.

I would go no more than 04 sleeper's setups in the rear

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
best without rolling fenders would be a bit less than 04sleeper's offset. Mine rub a bit one one side even after rolling fyi.

I would go no more than 04 sleeper's setups in the rear

you may need to adjust your contral arms(?). kevin's mentioned it before. there are guys with fender flush on 335s that dont rub (fenders rolled) so id think you should be ok, unless the suspension needs some attitude adjustment as i mentioned lol. heck there are guys with wheels/335s sticking out even further than that with no rubbing issues. probably also depends on how low the car sits and what kind of suspension as well.

on my own 03 vert my car would rub on the driver's side rear. is that where yours rubs? ive heard of it on a few other car's as well. maybe because of the extra weight of the driver?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Sleeper, what size where you running on the front of your old cobra?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i was at EB'd house last night test fitting a wheel. an 18x11 Chicane with our new 4.5" lip (pics to come later). while there, i was discussing his wheels set up. he has 18x11s on 305s and plans to put a bigger tire out back. i decided to measure the back spacing on his wheel to see if we could go wider. i hooked him up on a set that i had laying around that were made for an SRA car. so he just added spacers to get them to sit where he wanted them to. so with his spacers he has running, i wanted to calculate where his wheels are actually sitting. holy moly! his wheels are sitting .25" OUT more than fender flush. just .25" away from "mexi-flush". and everyone loves how EB's car looks.. this just goes to show you how the bulge of a tire and the angle of a picture can make a huge difference in how it looks
IMG_6265Large.jpg

IMG_6264Large.jpg

IMG_6261Large.jpg

IMG_6262Large.jpg

IMG_6258Large.jpg

IMG_6257Large.jpg

IMG_6248Large.jpg

IMG_6245Large.jpg

IMG_6244Large.jpg

IMG_6241Large.jpg

IMG_6235Large.jpg

we were discussing putting a new set of wheels on his car so these may be up for sale. if you're interested in them, shoot EB a pm

SpectorV

Established Member
you may need to adjust your contral arms(?). kevin's mentioned it before. there are guys with fender flush on 335s that dont rub (fenders rolled) so id think you should be ok, unless the suspension needs some attitude adjustment as i mentioned lol. heck there are guys with wheels/335s sticking out even further than that with no rubbing issues. probably also depends on how low the car sits and what kind of suspension as well.

on my own 03 vert my car would rub on the driver's side rear. is that where yours rubs? ive heard of it on a few other car's as well. maybe because of the extra weight of the driver?

Ive often wondered if you could push the tire forward~ it only rubs at the very back edge of the fender~ not the middle just the very very back edge where the fender meets the bumper (about 1-2 inch area if that and only about .05 tenths of an inch of it touch lol....

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
What would EB sell his wheels for I wonder? I will try to track him down.

TRBO VNM

Based on my experience, 18x10. If I want them out a little further I would use a spacer. I have dealt with plenty of people would want the widest tire they can and wheel for looks, but then it rubs and cuts up the tires or you have to run a suspension so stiff that it rides like crap.

I like to have a nice ride that looks good. Usually you have to compromise somewhere.

And Steve, guys with solid axle and having non adjustable control arms can't tweak the axle side to side with since the arms are non adjustable.

jsucil89

Established Member
Just wanted to say that Steve is great to deal with and has the best looking rims available for these cars. I went with 18x11 fender flare offset w/ 315/30/18 M/T drag radials (rear) and 18x9 255/35/18 fronts was my choice. Great fitment and couldn't be happier plus looks the best IMO.

but have since gone this route lol
IMG_0543.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i was at EB's house last night. he's seriously thinking about going with a new set of wheels for his car. if you're interested in his wheels, hit him up. you may be able to :poke: him into it :thumbsup:

also, not sure if i mentioned it but you can also do 10.5" in fender flush as well. or even 10". it doesnt have to be 11" to get fender flush offset. that's the beauty of having them custom made to YOUR order :beer:

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Any other opinions out there? I'm trying to finalize my wheel order for Steve. Aesthetics are my #1 concern, I'm thinking 18 x 10.5" rears, 3.5" lip with fender flush offset mounted on 315/30/18 bfg kdws. Will there be much bulge, if any, with this setup? I'm trying to avoid that. Does anyone out there run this setup, or have pics of it? Thanks!

Ukfox89

Established Member
00F2DFB9-79A8-4266-8832-32F0F503694D-783-0000006F0B5EEB9C_zps9a9c4da2.gif

A40A4C3F-8A40-41F6-B96D-62D33DB9BEAC-783-0000006F1604B7CB_zps85ac23b0.gif

18x11 just picked the car up in the for sale section. Love the look of these wheels and get compliments everywhere I go.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
^^^ :rockon::beer:

What offset in the rear? Any idea, Steve?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread