RIP Tesla cybertruck

kaz109

Established Member
I have nothing of value for a *** like yourself. Posting about your gay love affair with some shitty power wheels on an SVT forum is not edgy, it’s pure faggotry.
7484D4EF-A56A-4377-BD5A-CF6E1F572C4E.gif

bird_dog0347

Established Member
So this is from an owner that took a 1,250mi road-trip from Austin to Joshua Tree…. It is just as bad as everybody here thought it would be. I would never road-trip an EV just like I would never road-trip a GT500 or TRX…too little range to many stops

Austin TX (start)
Junction TX, 17%, 25 mins (150 miles from previous stop)
Ozona TX, 12%, 35 mins (90 miles)
Fort Stockton TX, 12%, 40 mins (107 miles)
Van Horn TX, 13%, 40 mins (121 miles)
El Paso TX, 13%, 25 mins (131 miles)
Deming NM, 12%, 45 mins (91 miles)
Willcox AZ, 13%, 40 mins (134 miles)
Eloy AZ, 13%, 20 mins (138 miles)
Buckeye AZ, 12%, 30 mins (88 miles)
Quartzsite AZ, 12%, 35 mins (100 miles)
Joshua Tree National Park CA (destination), 15% (95 miles)
So that's almost an additional 6 hours of sitting there waiting on a charge, THAT is why it is insane! with a normal Gas/Diesel truck there would have been less than an hour stopped to fill up assuming you needed to stop that often.

kaz109

Established Member
We all have opinions and bias. 2-3 years from now there will be enough data to really put an exclamation point on it. The market will have spoken.

Did people buy it? What is depreciation going to be like? Etc…
I think there is enough data to say they value will drop significantly, it is just seeking now because it’s new and limited . They won’t have the single motor built until like 2026 and very very few ppl are backing out of their reservations even with the higher than advertised price , lower than advertised range and forced 20k mark up.

Tesla is still the leader in EV sales and even they are struggling to move units. The reason EVs don’t hold value is because as all have pointed out they are a Tech based product meaning Tech advances so quickly the model you have just a year ago has aged like milk.

So if you take most IPhone users and apply that to EV buyers you can see the issue .

kaz109

Established Member
So that's almost an additional 6 hours of sitting there waiting on a charge, THAT is why it is insane! with a normal Gas/Diesel truck there would have been less than an hour stopped to fill up assuming you needed to stop that often.
So my quick math came up with this ( please feel free to correct me as I’m honestly doing this off top)…..

1,250mi trip in a GT500 that gets 288mi per tank would mean you would stop roughly 5 times and just for the sake of being realistic let’s do 2 gas only stops and 3 stops to eat and stretch legs ( assuming wife is there )

2of5 ( gas stops only ) equals 1hr

3of5 ( gas and food) equals 3hr

That’s a total of 2hr difference

Obviously these numbers very on the person driving because we all know guys on SVTP do every road trip like a cannonball run but the reality is that’s not the Norm

bird_dog0347

Established Member
So my quick math came up with this ( please feel free to correct me as I’m honestly doing this off top)…..

1,250mi trip in a GT500 that gets 288mi per tank would mean you would stop roughly 5 times and just for the sake of being realistic let’s do 2 gas only stops and 3 stops to eat and stretch legs ( assuming wife is there )

Obviously these numbers very on the person driving because we all know guys on SVTP do every road trip like a cannonball run but the reality is that’s not the Norm

In my old 2014 GT/CS I did a road trip from DFW to Birmingham for a funeral, just my dad and myself. I think we stopped for gas twice and averaged 80+ mph, We ate during one of those stops and I still beat the GPS ETA from when we departed. There's a 0% chance you could do that in an EV.

kaz109

Established Member
In my old 2014 GT/CS I did a road trip from DFW to Birmingham for a funeral, just my dad and myself. I think we stopped for gas twice and averaged 80+ mph, We ate during one of those stops and I still beat the GPS ETA from when we departed. There's a 0% chance you could do that in an EV.
Ummmm ok …. So did you say that just to make a statement or to debate a point or fact a never stated?

You quoted my post yet from your reply it seems you didn’t actually read it. If you did I do t know how this could be your reply

Last edited:

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

Coooooooooooooooooooope

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Ummmm ok …. So did you say that just to make a statement or to debate a point or fact a never stated?

You quoted my post yet from your reply it seems you didn’t actually read it. If you did I do t know how this could be your reply
I was stating my experiences, based on a situation close to one you hypothesized. I'm trying to understand if you're advocating for the CT and in your post about the charge times/number of stops that you felt it was good/bad/indifferent?

My personal stance is this. If you want an EV, GREAT... good for you and I hope it works well for you (you being a generic term not directed to YOU). I personally do not want one as I do not believe they are anywhere close to the same efficiency as an ICE vehicle. I also do not believe they are better for the planet over the course of their life, from the mining of the materials to the fact that they are ultimately powered by fossil fuels for a vast majority of them on the road.

The point I was trying to make about the time stopped on a road trip is a personal one for me, when I'm on a road trip I want to get where I'm going and stop as little as possible to get there. Having to sit and wait 30+ minutes (or even 15 really) would drive me crazy.

Between this post and my last, the family and I went to lunch... my 2500 HD truck needed fuel as I was below 1/8 tank. I timed it, from the moment I pulled into the station to the moment I pulled out was 4:48 seconds and I took on 30 gallons of diesel which will get me at least 550 miles of mixed highway/city driving. The best MPG I've seen on my truck over a 50 mile range was 26.3 MPG in a 4WD 2500 HD with 35" tires. The CT cannot compare with that in the long run.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn’t think I would have to spell it out for you but here goes….

Yes if you magically disappeared from the highway and teleported to your spot at the pump filled up then teleported back on the highway it is 5mins.

I didn’t think I would have to point out the obvious. From when you exit the highway to when you get back in the highway it is ( more times than not ) a 15 min laps and that is reflected in your navigation, Mapquest etc etc

And AGAIN you are missing my point, stopping that many times is an inconvenience ( gas or EV) point black period, I have lived it and would never road-trip any car I own with that short of mileage to a tank.
Deeznutz.gif

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I didn’t think I would have to spell it out for you but here goes….

Yes if you magically disappeared from the highway and teleported to your spot at the pump filled up then teleported back on the highway it is 5mins.
This is null and void because you have to do the same thing in an ev

The proper comparison is looking at the time it takes from when you stop at a gas pump to the time you leave the gas pump vs the time you stop at a charger and leave the charger.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I was stating my experiences, based on a situation close to one you hypothesized. I'm trying to understand if you're advocating for the CT and in your post about the charge times/number of stops that you felt it was good/bad/indifferent?

My personal stance is this. If you want an EV, GREAT... good for you and I hope it works well for you (you being a generic term not directed to YOU). I personally do not want one as I do not believe they are anywhere close to the same efficiency as an ICE vehicle. I also do not believe they are better for the planet over the course of their life, from the mining of the materials to the fact that they are ultimately powered by fossil fuels for a vast majority of them on the road.

The point I was trying to make about the time stopped on a road trip is a personal one for me, when I'm on a road trip I want to get where I'm going and stop as little as possible to get there. Having to sit and wait 30+ minutes (or even 15 really) would drive me crazy.

Between this post and my last, the family and I went to lunch... my 2500 HD truck needed fuel as I was below 1/8 tank. I timed it, from the moment I pulled into the station to the moment I pulled out was 4:48 seconds and I took on 30 gallons of diesel which will get me at least 550 miles of mixed highway/city driving. The best MPG I've seen on my truck over a 50 mile range was 26.3 MPG in a 4WD 2500 HD with 35" tires. The CT cannot compare with that in the long run.
Plus you drive a real truck and not some phagmobile.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Online pictures are one thing. Seeing one in person is just wow and not in a good way. I saw one on Thursday and it looked like a disposable aluminum bread tin with wheels.
Neighbor down the street got one, indeed the pics don’t do it justice, its much uglier in person.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Neighbor down there street got one, indeed the pics don’t do it justice, its much uglier in person.

It's like the color battleship grey on a car, looks cool for 10 minutes and then they throw a wrap on it.

Users who are viewing this thread