• Rosso Etna

• Ruby Red

• Starfish Brown

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I really keep going back and forth on colors for the Mach 1 and every single time I think I have my mind made up, something makes me think again.

My wife loves the Antimatter Blue

My daughter loves red, especially the Etna Rosso. We were watching "Planes" last night and she mentioned the red of the plane "El Chupacabra" and I said we could paint the Mach 1 red and call it Mach Juan El Chupacabra. Both the wife and daughter found it funny.

I really like Starfish Brown.

I am also not against Ruby Red but that Rosso Etna, mmmm.

Attachments

• antimatter.jpg
    antimatter.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 79
  • rosso etna.jpg
    rosso etna.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 71
  • ruby.jpg
    ruby.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 66

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Laughed harder than I should've at "Mach Juan"

I see your dilemma with those colors, I love all 3.
Antimatter blue would be my first choice, but if the daughter is leaning red I'd go with the Alfa red personally

Recon

Established Member
Out of those colors, probably Alfa red.
One that I really like is Royal Crimson.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I voted for blue simply as blue is my favorite color and I hated that my 92 was red so it's currently at the builder and will be painted either Bright Atlantic Blue or possibly the new Corvette color called Riptide Blue.

LSwat

Established Member
I believe those are all Tri coats, so going to be pricey / complicated, not sure if you're paying to have it done, or done yourself. Even with Tricoats sometimes there is a tinted clear coat that can add complexity.

If any of that matters maybe dive into that a bit more to see if it trims down your options. Touch up is hard on any tri coats, so double/triple check the panels on your car and make sure you are VERY comfortable with putting back on whatever you take off that will be painted and ensure it's easy/straight forward.

Either way those are all great colors. Would love to see pics when it is completed.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Another red to throw in there, Hot Pepper Red Metallic. Have you considered Eruption Green or the new Shelter Green?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think red and black stripe contrast would look the best (assuming you’re going to do some kind of Mach 1 striping)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I think red and black stripe contrast would look the best (assuming you’re going to do some kind of Mach 1 striping)

Rocker stripes are a definite. I am trying to decide how I want to do the trunk lid and spoiler along with the hood. I go back and forth between an all black hood versus the standard color with stripe.

As a twist, for the stripes, I think I may do painted matte with clear over it. I have seen it a handful of times and I like it.

The trunk lid/spoiler debate is either spoiler and the plate surround done like the stripes. Or just the spoiler and the trunk panel stays body color.

EVs are for people that prefer flesh lights over vagene.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Colour is so personal, ya gotta pick what you and the daughter agree on. Get a body guy’s colour chart book and have a look through it, the may something there that you not like that you haven’t considered

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the black spoiler and plate surround. If you cant decide on the hood, get another hood and try it out both ways. Then you can make an honest judgment or rotate them every so often to change the look a bit

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I would keep the exterior exactly as it is stock, but repainted Ruby Red.

All of the OE black accents will really make that paint pop.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
My dad had an 80's datsun 280zx that was a gold/copper metallic. For years I've thought something like that would be a sweet look on a Mach 1. Add some LMR machined reps to light it off and watch out because that'll be one hot bitch!

Screenshot_20240509-182059_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread