What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
After messing with the dash color's my day time dash is white numbers with green needles and my night time dash is blue numbers with orange needles.
That's one thing I love about that set up..... The multitude of color choices for your dash. Something to match everyone's set up.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Started doing struts and shocks on the convertible. I'm dreading doing the struts because I heard that top nut is a pain. I don't have air tools. New tires should be here today.
676b79450ad3e46e61c6f1004fb5e82e.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Started doing struts and shocks on the convertible. I'm dreading doing the struts because I heard that top nut is a pain. I don't have air tools. New tires should be here today.

A 20v impact gun will get that top nut off.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
A 20v impact gun will get that top nut off.
It did work! Having a struggle getting the lower strut to spindle nut loose. No room.....

And it looks like the front brakes are shot..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Got one strut done. I just can't seem to get the torque set on the upper strut but. The nut and strut turns. I feel it's tight enough....

a5d346cba3bee7e801db6b98ced8fd61.jpg
c0a4d2994900684eb8dd3aad84dfede6.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Got one strut done. I just can't seem to get the torque set on the upper strut but. The nut and strut turns. I feel it's tight enough....

a5d346cba3bee7e801db6b98ced8fd61.jpg
c0a4d2994900684eb8dd3aad84dfede6.jpg

Another trick is to lay a flathead screwdriver across the head of the strut (in that slot), and turn the nut with a wrench.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Another trick is to lay a flathead screwdriver across the head of the strut (in that slot), and turn the nut with a wrench.
Yup I've tried that. The nut doesn't turn anymore. Almost like it's bottomed out.

triple-s

Established Member
I actually need to do this to mine as well looking at the strange struts due to the price but might have to run koni again since that's what my MM kit calls for.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I've had the annoying rear seal leak since I purchased this car back in Jan 2024.
I finally got around to pulling it apart to fix it. Unfortunately the oil leak has been so bad it has contaminated by clutch and flywheel.
So I have a new billet flywheel on the way, picked up a deal on a SPEC clutch, and decided to have the T-5 gone thru to replace the 3rd gear synchro that would scratch when cold.
Also decided to upgrade to an LMR aluminum driveshaft.
Should have it back together soon.

triple-s

Established Member
I've had the annoying rear seal leak since I purchased this car back in Jan 2024.
I finally got around to pulling it apart to fix it. Unfortunately the oil leak has been so bad it has contaminated by clutch and flywheel.
So I have a new billet flywheel on the way, picked up a deal on a SPEC clutch, and decided to have the T-5 gone thru to replace the 3rd gear synchro that would scratch when cold.
Also decided to upgrade to an LMR aluminum driveshaft.
Should have it back together soon.

Looks like a fun project.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
New tires mounted, tomorrow hopefully I'll get the passenger side strut installed and take the car for a drive.
0223d5e117a1d183cd1f8d1abc9285c4.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member

You going to use a Speedi Sleeve too? I did one over 2 years ago, used one, not a drop. Had read many had done just the seal, and it leaked again. FWIW i used a film of locktite under the speedi sleeve. I have another to do this summer.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You going to use a Speedi Sleeve too? I did one over 2 years ago, used one, not a drop. Had read many had done just the seal, and it leaked again. FWIW i used a film of locktite under the speedi sleeve. I have another to do this summer.
My notch has rear main seal leak, I believe my 67 fastback does. Honestly I think all our foxbodies leak. This seems like a common problem...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I’m surprised unless keeping stockish you didn’t upgrade the control arms and ditch those shocks. Mine need done just can’t decide which route to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread