A/C orifice tube Location?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I'm replacing compressor, evap, condenser, etc on 2011 mustang GT. Does anyone know where the orifice tube/filter is located? ... I know that it should be located between the condenser and the EVAP, online search results continually regurgitate that same statement, but I was hoping someone could tell me specifically where?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I think the orifice tube/filter, on 2011 gt, is in the liquid refrigerant line from the condenser to the EVAP but I'm not sure it's serviceable because I cannot find an orifice tube part # or replacement. It's possible that it's made into the small refrigerant line coming from the condenser (which is about $56 @ RockAuto).
Anyway, if no one knows that's cool, I'm determined to find this out tho and I'll post my findings, I think it's something that people need to know (because the car is 13 years old and there's still no searchable internet information on this item).

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I've replaced every AC hose & part on the car there is no Orifice tube filter. The end.

hmm, my 2012 f150 the filter and dryer were in the bottom of the condenser - had to half way remove it, use something to push it further into the unit so you can get the snap ring out.

things like this I like to use one of the ford parts websites and look at their diagrams

BigmotoXer

Established Member
hmm, my 2012 f150 the filter and dryer were in the bottom of the condenser - had to half way remove it, use something to push it further into the unit so you can get the snap ring out.

things like this I like to use one of the ford parts websites and look at their diagrams
I understand, this is the first vehicle I've ever seen that didn't have one. I replaced the condenser and I did look for an orifice filter but there wasn't one.
I used to look at Ford websites when they had microfiche online, very detailed... But now most Ford websites have the same 3rd grade drawings.

Users who are viewing this thread