Another positive 2015 GT review

Branhammer

Established Member
Hopefully this isn't pot roast, but in this video not only do they praise the car, but they also interview Dave Pericak, Chief Engineer, and he clearly says flat out that the Mustang was built to compete with Porche, BMW, Audi, etc. He says that when they were testing other cars for comparison, "We didn't bring Camaro. Didn't bring Challenger."

[video=youtube;37HQeSOXSoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37HQeSOXSoY[/video]

The driver in the video liked the 2015 GT better than the M4.

I know this is just one review, but I really think Ford went out to accomplish a number of different goals and they did. You may not agree with what they set for their goals, but I don't think you can deny that the accomplished THEIR goals.

I can't wait for more actually track comparisons to come in.

Branhammer

Established Member
"I enjoyed this mustang with the Perf. package a little more than the M4"

Never said that the car was better than the M4, just a little bit more enjoyable driving it over the M4

Right. And at the end of the day, isn't it what you ENJOY the most that matters? And how much more does the M4 cost again? Literally DOUBLE the price. I'll wait for a track comparison before I make judgment.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
And isn't an M4 basically just an M3 coupe? And didn't the 2011 GT come within less than a 10th of a second of the 2011 M3 track time? Does anyone know exactly how much of an improvement the new M3/4 is over the 2011 M3? As far as track time, the new Mustang has improved A LOT over 2011. So in order for the M3/4 to win that comparison, it will need to have improved equally.

Branhammer

Established Member
When will this car be tested against its intended competition?

I hope soon. I can't remember how soon after the 2011 was release that they tested it against the M3. I wanna say the following spring?

Edit: Nope, it was October 2010. So why is it taking them so long?

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I hope soon. I can't remember how soon after the 2011 was release that they tested it against the M3. I wanna say the following spring?

Edit: Nope, it was October 2010. So why is it taking them so long?

It is weird that we're getting reviews of this car AFTER its released. I thought most of the time reviews were done prior to a vehicle coming out. I think someone screwed the pooch.

Branhammer

Established Member
It is weird that we're getting reviews of this car AFTER its released. I thought most of the time reviews were done prior to a vehicle coming out. I think someone screwed the pooch.

The 2015 has been released???! Someone needs to tell the dealerships here. They apparently didn't get the memo.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
"I enjoyed this mustang with the Perf. package a little more than the M4"

Never said that the car was better than the M4, just a little bit more enjoyable driving it over the M4

i didn't even watch the review video after reading that statement. i have seen enough reviews of this car to know what this one is a biased BS review if he says it's better, or more enjoyable than the M4.

And isn't an M4 basically just an M3 coupe? And didn't the 2011 GT come within less than a 10th of a second of the 2011 M3 track time? Does anyone know exactly how much of an improvement the new M3/4 is over the 2011 M3? As far as track time, the new Mustang has improved A LOT over 2011. So in order for the M3/4 to win that comparison, it will need to have improved equally.

the 2011 boss was being compared to the E92 M3, which was released in 2007. the new M3/M4 is a brand new platform and it is an amazing performer. this new mustang is not even in the same galaxy as the new M3/M4. do some research.

When will this car be tested against its intended competition?

it is. the camaro 1LE is beating it in reviews.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

It was just tested against the Challenger Scat Pack RT and the SS 1LE. Didn't fare so well

I know lol, I was referring to the quote below.

he clearly says flat out that the Mustang was built to compete with Porche, BMW, Audi, etc. He says that when they were testing other cars for comparison, "We didn't bring Camaro. Didn't bring Challenger."

Branhammer

Established Member
i didn't even watch the review video after reading that statement. i have seen enough reviews of this car to know what this one is a biased BS review if he says it's better, or more enjoyable than the M4.

the 2011 boss was being compared to the E92 M3, which was released in 2007. the new M3/M4 is a brand new platform and it is an amazing performer. this new mustang is not even in the same galaxy as the new M3/M4. do some research.

Research done. And yeah I can see the BMW is much improved. I wasn't sure because the hp numbers aren't much different than the previous version with the v-8, but I can't argue with low to mid-12's. And I'm sure suspension-wise, it's also better. That's okay though. The Mustang should lose to a car that costs twice as much.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Have yet to see a 2015 in person. May as well retitle them as 2016 since we're just a couple months away.

Branhammer

Established Member
Have yet to see a 2015 in person. May as well retitle them as 2016 since we're just a couple months away.

Same here. No one has them here. They keep getting pushed back. Two weeks ago it was "early November." Now it's "late November." The winters here can be harsh. Good luck selling Mustangs with a dealer mark-up and no incentives in Utah in the winter.

Branhammer

Established Member
I think overall the Mustang is a success. If you don't like the look of it, that's one thing. That's a matter of opinion. I like it. I especially like the shoulders and rear. But you can't deny that it's an improvement over the out-going model performance-wise. It lost what... a tenth in the 1/4? But look how much it gained everywhere else. Just change the exhaust and it might be enough to get that tenth back since the exhaust is so heavy and restrictive. It's a good performing car. There will be a lot of room for suspension improvements as well. I think it's going to hurt a lot of feelings of people driving more expensive cars, but not M3/4's apparently. I love the interior. Best interior of all time.

Off topic, but I hate how damn EXPENSIVE cat-back kits are for the 5.0's. I remember when I picked up my brand new Magnaflow CB and Catted X combined for less than the cost of JUST a CB system for the 5.0's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread