Taiwan Makes American Trucks Great Again!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This is pretty cool. Wish it was being done in the US, but overall glad someone is producing this sheet metal. I'll likely be picking up some of my own soon:

That's actually really cool. As long as it's good quality and affordable I'm all for it. It's cool to see other countries showing interest in keeping the old cars alive. It's a business obviously, but I'm sure they enjoy being able to offer the products to keep the classic cars around.

I'd like to see of these parts fit as well as you'd expect based on it being the same tooling.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's actually really cool. As long as it's good quality and affordable I'm all for it. It's cool to see other countries showing interest in keeping the old cars alive. It's a business obviously, but I'm sure they enjoy being able to offer the products to keep the classic cars around.

I'd like to see of these parts fit as well as you'd expect based on it being the same tooling.

One of the best things to happen in the last few years is the massive increase in availability of complete assembled bodies. That's why you see so many 1st gen Broncos now.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
One of the best things to happen in the last few years is the massive increase in availability of complete assembled bodies. That's why you see so many 1st gen Broncos now.

Working in a body shop, we typically decline older vehicles that are almost guaranteed to not have easily sourced parts. If the selection became large enough and easily purchased and attained, it could open up a larger customer base. Don't think it's there yet, but maybe in a decade if they don't force all ice vehicles off the roads.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member

I was a dealer for Dynacorn in the 90's. They've been making sheet metal and trim parts, going on 40 years. They reproduced the Mustang Fastback roller almost 20 years ago.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member

I was a dealer for Dynacorn in the 90's. They've been making sheet metal and trim parts, going on 40 years. They reproduced the Mustang Fastback roller almost 20 years ago.

I remember Dynacorn from back then. They had 1st gen Camaro and Chevelle bodies also correct?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I remember that being a big deal back in the day.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I remember Dynacorn from back then. They had 1st gen Camaro and Chevelle bodies also correct?
Correct! They were a great company for the little guy, enjoyed dealing with them. A lot of Scott Drake were sourced from Taiwan back in the too. If it wasn't for TAIWAN manufacturing, the classic restoration capabilites wouldn't be close to what it is today.

Not from Dynacorn but another Taiwanese company. I could make a phone call and have carbon fiber parts in 60 days....hoods mostly.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I hung a taiwanese fender on my one bronco, it fit well and feels about the same thickness as the OEM part. I've read good reviews about people using the taiwan body panels for the 92-96 broncos and boy you can damn near build an entire new truck with how many repro body panels they build for these trucks.

I may end up using taiwan fenders on the front of my old bronco if I can't find decent OE stuff. I will for sure be using taiwanese rear quarter panels as that'll save me a lot of time versus trying to patch up what is on the truck.

414190461_326228713666858_1003092600960462340_n-X3.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I hung a taiwanese fender on my one bronco, it fit well and feels about the same thickness as the OEM part. I've read good reviews about people using the taiwan body panels for the 92-96 broncos and boy you can damn near build an entire new truck with how many repro body panels they build for these trucks.

I may end up using taiwan fenders on the front of my old bronco if I can't find decent OE stuff. I will for sure be using taiwanese rear quarter panels as that'll save me a lot of time versus trying to patch up what is on the truck.

414190461_326228713666858_1003092600960462340_n-X3.jpg

Good to know. I need to repair or replace my fenders on my Bronco as well and I need a new hood. Who did you buy them through?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Good to know. I need to repair or replace my fenders on my Bronco as well and I need a new hood. Who did you buy them through?

ebay actually, I think these were listed as scott drake panels? I found a seller who was selling both front fenders + some tyc headlights + free shipping for the price of what most other vendors listed 1 fender for.

Users who are viewing this thread