TV Series that actually end well?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The Sopranos ended great. I think Breaking Bad ended the way it needed to. I was never over the top on the series, but Bryan Cranston was awesome. My favorite scene is when his brother in law figured out who he was and he told the brother in law to stay out of his way.

I liked how Supernatural ended.

@Black Gold 380R, AHS is an on going show. It has a different plot every season so there's no way to really have an overall ending. Though the last couple of seasons haven't ended well.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
The Sopranos ended great. I think Breaking Bad ended the way it needed to. I was never over the top on the series, but Bryan Cranston was awesome. My favorite scene is when his brother in law figured out who he was and he told the brother in law to stay out of his way.

I liked how Supernatural ended.

@Black Gold 380R, AHS is an on going show. It has a different plot every season so there's no way to really have an overall ending. Though the last couple of seasons haven't ended well.

Once supernatural really took off with the story .. it was amazing

Jensen Ackles is great

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The Witcher was good until the writers decided they didn't like the source material. Henry Cavil does some excellent sword work in his fight scenes, especially in the 1st season.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This guy makes a good case for an alternate ending to GoT. Sounds MUCH better than what we were given.

That would have been 1000 times better. Hell if the blue would have flickered in Bran's eye at the end I would have been like...oh shit.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Justified had a good ending, easily rivaled Breaking Bad to me.
I was never happy with how they separated Raylon and his wife again after all her talk about only wanting to be with him. But it makes sense. Did you ever watch City Primevil?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The Sopranos?
Stranger Things?
Warrior?
Cobra Kai?

I'm not a huge TV series guy, as I like movies better, but I enjoyed the above. My wife liked one call "You" but I think she didn't like how it ended. So, don't think it qualifies for your finishing strong factor. My wife also watched one called "Succession" but I never watched it.

Think my kids liked "American Horror Story" but I never watched it.

The Sopranos ending was terrible, as was SOA

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Boardwalk Empire was a good series from start to finish IMO.

House of Cards too if you ignore the season without Frank. lol

Sopranos final season was very good, depressing, but good.
I could see some dislike over the final seconds but based off Tony's talk with Bobby about probably not hearing it when it happens.
Music is playing, then silence.

Vague, but heavily implied he didn't see it coming and never heard it either.

IMO series go bad when either the OG writers leave, they sway from the source or in some cases just milk out seasons with filler episodes purely cause of money. Aka Walking Dead on AMC.

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The Shield
For a semi-ambiguous ending regarding whether Vic was going to go rogue again or be on the straight and narrow to fulfill his agreement with ICE, it was still pretty good.

I guess the story of the Strike Team was over as 2 of them were dead and the other was going to prison for a long time.

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's a podcast with Robert Iler and Jamie-Lynn Siegler and they talk about the ending and apparently the director went that way because he wanted to kill off Tony, but knew it would crush the audience if they saw it happen.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
Once supernatural really took off with the story .. it was amazing

Jensen Ackles is great
I'm still baffled today of how long that series went on for. I remember the first episode came out when I was in high school and then it just never stopped sortve like the Energizer bunny. I lost interest like after season 9 it just went on for too long I felt

Users who are viewing this thread