what tires should i get ?

Kingofqueenz788

Established Member
i need new tires for my 97 cobra, i think it has the stock rims which are the cobra r rims i believe. the front tires are so damn skinny the person who put this tire on the rim must of thought it was a euro car or something trying to have a streatched on low profile tire look. but anywayse what is the recommended tire size for these cars? i wanna fill up most of the well space i really want the most meat on the tire that wont give out on turns etc, bec it looks stupid as hell with this low pro tire on. are all 4 tires the same size or should the rears sidewall be thicker!:banana::burn::burn::burn::burn:

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
The cobra r style as in the ones that are stock on 98cobras? If so the stock size tire is 245-45-17. They are only 17x8" so that limits you on width. If your rim is a 17x9" I'd go with a 265-40-17 or something close to that. Stick with the same size all around. In my opinion you should only run staggered tire sizes if you have staggered rims to go with it. I like Nitto tires for the street, running 555s and the wear on them is surprisingly good. I am also a fan of bf goodrich, Goodyear, and continental which all make nice tires. So pick whatever you prefer as far as treadware and if you want asymmetric tread or not.

Users who are viewing this thread