AI garbage in slavery out.

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I quit BofA 30 years ago when they denied me a small business loan because I was a White male. They told me if I was a woman or POC, or if either of those had a 51% stake in my company that Federal Grants were available. But because I was a White Male I was disqualified.
Told them to go pound sand and withdrew my accounts from them and went to a local Credit Union and got the loan I wanted.
They are taking a stronger anti gun position too. On top of the woke posters that make me want to kick them down makes me want to find a safe space, lol!

SGT MERC

Established Member
I've been using a credit union since the age of 15. I'm 56 and have never used a regular bank. Always credit unions.

03 Mercury Marauder

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
This card is run by the department of Treasury. I have an ex trying to garnish money and since all my pay is disability she will have a much harder time and almost zero chance of touching that money unlike a normal bank which can be frozen by a court anytime without you being warned.

First, the card is run by Comerica.

Second, garnishments are allowed against that card to the extent allowed by federal law (i.e., child support, and offset of federal debts against Social Security but not SSI funds).

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Second, garnishments are allowed against that card to the extent allowed by federal law (i.e., child support, and offset of federal debts against Social Security but not SSI funds).
Only disposable income for my situation. I have zero disposable income. I know all about the card and bank and the woes a court has to go thru to garnish disability payments. No child support. A simple court order is going to get denied and like several states garnishment for a bank account is not allowed. They have to garnish from my employer who has already said no disposable income to the courts. The department of Treasury runs that program and protects disability pays. Comerica cannot be garnished as easily as your credit union can be. Let me clarify this, the Direct Express Account cannot be blocked as easily as the vast majority of financial institutions. The only other harder step for her is if I get an overseas account.

Last edited:

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Only disposable income for my situation. I have zero. Yes federal law and the supremacy clause helps here a lot.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Sooner or later AI is going to be making decisions for all financial systems I bet.
What makes you think that AI hasn't been making decisions for financial systems for years? Of course it has. Credit ratings are AI, loan qualifications are AI, credit card limits are AI and so on.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Been with BoA for 12 years and no complaints. I’ve gotten loans at great rates and are super responsive to potentially fraudulent charges.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My company trucks have some AI shit

They ****ing beep at everything

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Imagine AI monitoring medical equipment like a positive air machine for sleep apnea. It mistakes your air inflow or misinterpreted it for someone else. Crazier yet, AI did not like you post on a forum and decided instead of constantly warning Google it would just eliminate you! Efficiency without feeling.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I have very few smart devices. If Siri, Google, or Alexa start getting "moody" we could see this happening, just in a more subtitle way, like moving a roomba where you usually step getting out of bed. Or a smart fridge spraying down the kitchen it water and some ice hoping to make you fall.

Last edited:

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
This is why I have very few smart devices. if Siri or Alexa start getting "moody" I could see this happening.

Nothing more humiliating than being killed by a robot vacuum cleaner made in India.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing more humiliating than being killed by a robot vacuum cleaner made in India.
I forgot about smartphones; I could see smartphones cooking off next to peoples heads, or when they are getting charged overnight. Like the Note 7s, but at a set interval.
Then there are the Tesla's. They could go "maximum overdrive"

Users who are viewing this thread