Best Supercharger for 2001 cobra

2001cobra-in-NC

looking 4 more hp
Established Member
Looking to invest in a supercharger in the near future. Just wanted alittle input on which one to choose. few mods added...k&n cold air,bbku/d pulleys,bbk twin 65mm tb,bbk long tube headers,mac 3" catbacks and 4:30 gears.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I don't think there is a best, it's really all preference. Right now I am saving for a non intercooled KB, i know for the money I could get a Procharger that makes more power but I would rather have the torque.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
oh and there's a very helpful sticky at the top of this forum all about superchargers and forged internals its very informative and you can thank quadcammer for spending 15 hours writing it for everyone, and standby for the 27th of August...quadcammer will let you know what supercharger is the best when he goes for 700hp/600tq :beer: :beer: :beer:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
oh and there's a very helpful sticky at the top of this forum all about superchargers and forged internals its very informative and you can thank quadcammer for spending 15 hours writing it for everyone, and standby for the 27th of August...quadcammer will let you know what supercharger is the best when he goes for 700hp/600tq :beer: :beer: :beer:
rotfl.

thanks man.

those numbers are definitely a bit more than i was thinking but i won't complain.

there is a perfect supercharger for every person and application, but you can't get an answer without more info.

RioRed4v

Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard those things give you like 40hp...lmao :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :lol:

if you run two of them stacked on each other, it multiplies the boost in excess of 100rwhp :rockon:

SGL

Banned
JebTonkin said:
I don't think there is a best, it's really all preference. Right now I am saving for a non intercooled KB, i know for the money I could get a Procharger that makes more power but I would rather have the torque.

Make sure you understand that the non-intercooled kit does NOT work on a road course. On the street it is very potent. So if you like to push your car in the twisties I suggest you look elsewhere.

Mine may be for sale soon if you are interested. My objectives for the car have changed and the KB is less than ideal for what I have in mind. I'll keep you in the loop when I make a decision.

SGL

Banned
01trublue cobra said:
Save up the money and get the intercooled KB. The non intercooled shows lackluster numbers plus you are limited on boost

If you have access to 93 octane or better, the non-intercooled kit can produce good numbers and you can put $2,200 in your pocket instead of giving it to KB.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
for the sake of not starting another centri vs twin screw thread I have to say it depends on whay kind of feel you want from the car and how much money you want to spend.

A KB car definitely feels different thatn a centri car. And is more expensive. The centri cars make more power per PSI but the KB makes more torque per PSI. KB cars feel like an old school bog block and can blow the heel out of the tires on demand. Centri cars can still blow off the tires but are more prone to hook up due the the fact that they build power up top which gives the tires a little break.

since your in NC drop me a PM and I can get you in touch with my shop and they can run some numbers by you!

Users who are viewing this thread