Build Sheets?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Has anyone ever found a build sheet in their car? Did Ford even print out paper sheets like the old days? I'm just curious. Every other Ford car I've had I've been lucky to find build sheets in them. My F150, My Grand Marquis, My Fairmont.

Now I actually own a car I care about :) And I'd like to grab mine.

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
I was wondering the same thing. I pulled my carpet awhile back and didn't find one. :cuss: Dunno about the bumpers I doubt I would have a chance of finding on there in readable condition. :shrug:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Labora said:
I was wondering the same thing. I pulled my carpet awhile back and didn't find one. :cuss: Dunno about the bumpers I doubt I would have a chance of finding on there in readable condition. :shrug:

sometimes the build sheet goes on the back padding of the rear bumper or front. most of the time it is stuffed under the rear seat.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i'll have to look under the spare tire!
i've heard of biuld sheets being behind bumpers and under seats, but that was on old cars like a 442

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Is it difficult to get your rear seat up? Where are the screws located you have to remove to get it up?

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
bbp42d said:
sometimes the build sheet goes on the back padding of the rear bumper or front. most of the time it is stuffed under the rear seat.

I took out the whole interior actually not even under the rear seat. :(

Mystic1199

Established Member
mine was under my spare tire , but funny thing is i have a build sheet to my car and also a 96 gt ....its like my car printed up and the builder must of ripped of the sheet for the GT thinking it was one whole pieace of paper ...so i know in turn have 2 build sheets

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
cool, sounds like its gonna be under the spare tire. i'm definitely going to look there tomorrow

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Hersheyman

Here's an excerpt from one of my Web Pages ...

Removing the rear seat is the first major chore, unless you have "insider information," which I will now provide. It's pretty simple - unless you try to follow the instructions in the Haynes Manual! I made several attempts prior to getting the "real story" from Shane's Internet Address. I almost broke the seat - it just wouldn't unlock and come out.

Tilt your front seats forward, and slide the passenger seat all the way forward. Kneeling on the ground or the rear floorboard will make it easy to: slide a thin flat blade (6, 8", etc.) screwdriver under the bottom front edge of the seat, about 10" from the center (over the hump).

seat1.jpg

Slide the screwdriver slowly towards the outside edge of the seat, untill you feel the seat locking mechanism. Pull out slightly on the screwdriver, maintaining pressure against the lock, untill you find the front of it. In the very center of the lock, there is a small tab-like button. Push "in" on that, and the mechanism will unlock (you may have to lift up slightly on the seat)!

seat3.jpg

Do the same on the other side, and then lift up on the seat, pull it forward, push the lap belt buckles through the holes in the seat, and pull the seat out.

Dan

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
hey dano, the easiest part of removing the rear seat is just REMOVING THE REAR SEAT. but when i tried putting it back (male part of the rear seat into the female plastic part) it didn't click in. now i have a seat that bounces around when i hit a bump. any info on how to get this seat back in place?...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I would think that the seat isn't being pushed far enough back. You'll have to peek under the front edge of the seat and see how the male pins are aligned. Can't think of any easier way of getting it back in ... there is a lot of forward pressure on the seat when it's removed, the installation should be the opposite.

Make sure the seat belts are pulled up through the seat all the way.

Dan

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Dan, Thanks for the info. I will try either today or tomorrow. I know my build sheet is not under my rear tire as I removed it about a month ago to lighten the load. Shannon
Dano said:
Hersheyman

Here's an excerpt from one of my Web Pages ...

Removing the rear seat is the first major chore, unless you have "insider information," which I will now provide. It's pretty simple - unless you try to follow the instructions in the Haynes Manual! I made several attempts prior to getting the "real story" from Shane's Internet Address. I almost broke the seat - it just wouldn't unlock and come out.

Tilt your front seats forward, and slide the passenger seat all the way forward. Kneeling on the ground or the rear floorboard will make it easy to: slide a thin flat blade (6, 8", etc.) screwdriver under the bottom front edge of the seat, about 10" from the center (over the hump).

Slide the screwdriver slowly towards the outside edge of the seat, untill you feel the seat locking mechanism. Pull out slightly on the screwdriver, maintaining pressure against the lock, untill you find the front of it. In the very center of the lock, there is a small tab-like button. Push "in" on that, and the mechanism will unlock (you may have to lift up slightly on the seat)!

Do the same on the other side, and then lift up on the seat, pull it forward, push the lap belt buckles through the holes in the seat, and pull the seat out.

Dan

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Well, I've had the seats and carpet out...but no luck finding my sheet.

The other Ford cars I've owned had the build sheets under the front seats, and in between the headliner and the roof. (I'm not taking that out just yet:))

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I'll find it someday when I tear her down for restoration.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i was just told (on another forum) that i can call svt and they will send me a build sheet.
1-800-call-svt
quick, someone call and let us know

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i called ford svt. all they will send out is the "certificate of authenticity".
for those who DID find a build sheet, what did it look like? is it just a cert. of auth.? or did it list all the options on the car?

Users who are viewing this thread