Established Member
portedm156head.jpg

portedm156head2.jpg

portedm156head3.jpg

portedm156head4.jpg

portedm156head5.jpg

portedm156head7.jpg

portedm156head6.jpg

Fully hand ported, Serdi 5 angle VJ with hand blend, back cut valves, 8K+ rpm modified stock valvetrain. We expect good things. :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
enjoy jour new 60plus rwhp.

good job on the porting.i see 10s in your future!

Thanks! With just stock cams we'll be happy to see 30rw on a dyno without moving air (aka one without a wind tunnel to go with it).

I don't see the point in it, but nice engine and cool car.

Thanks. Point is to have the quickest/fastest AMG 63s in the world brother. 10s N/A stock longblock, in a 4180lb car is pretty sporty.

Okay, then I will. LOL! How much were those?

Including NEW (which cost the most) castings, VT, Cams, etc (MB sells them all seperately) fully assembled, ported, valves/seats cut, etc about $14k

what does the flow chart look like?

have they been flow tested?

We flowed them stock and they were around 405/330CFM .500" at 28" haven't flowed them after because a customer needed them for a standing mile race next week. They are finishing up the install today and we should have dyno and track numbers by next week.

sick man, keep us posted !

Thanks!

Pretty sweet port job, but nothing I couldn't do on a bench with a few hours & bits. :)

I hope that was sarcasim. When you port the heads that go on a N/A 233HP/L ~12:1 compression, 1.5L, 13,500rpm 2v/SOHC and it makes 350HP total, give me a call. ;-) R&D process for these heads was 8 mos. I don't think most people could even make the fixtures/jigs needed to open/close the valves on a flowbench.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
gotta say, looking at that intake path(i see what you mean when you mentioned that al said the GT heads don't even compare, lol), i don't see how there is much to gain there. i'm certainly no expert either though, lol. they look great!

Common

Established Member
10 second NA amg c-class that has only been out under 2 years is going to be one helluva bragging right....

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
those look amazing!

gotta ask though, $14k invested in bas ass heads, but ya'll are using stock cams? What gives?

lilbuddy1587

Banned
gotta say, looking at that intake path(i see what you mean when you mentioned that al said the GT heads don't even compare, lol), i don't see how there is much to gain there. i'm certainly no expert either though, lol. they look great!

Always something to be gained with a proper VJ :beer:

Fourcam, are you planning on having custom cams cut for this bad boy? Work looks amazing..

Fourcam330

Established Member

They are definitely performance based castings that's for sure. Evidently AMG didn't think so because they revised the entire motor for the SLS, including the cylinder heads, block, intake manifold, airboxes, etc

10 second NA amg c-class that has only been out under 2 years is going to be one helluva bragging right....

That's the goal this fall at MIR!

those look amazing!

gotta ask though, $14k invested in bas ass heads, but ya'll are using stock cams? What gives?

We are working on sourcing billet blanks to this point we haven't been able to source them from anywhere including Europe. Worst case we'll run SLS cams when they arrive in Dec. We can't do regrinds because the stock cams are cast iron (too soft).

Always something to be gained with a proper VJ :beer:

Amen to that. Probably 30-35% of the gains on these heads (20-30% on most heads)come from the VJ.

Fourcam, are you planning on having custom cams cut for this bad boy? Work looks amazing..

Thanks bro, we're working on them. We know the SLS sticks which are emissions legal are worth 30rw in an unported M156 head, the gains we could have with a real set of off-road cams with these heads would I'm sure crest 80rw+

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i love the idea of being naturally aspirated, and having this car in the 10's, but i'd rather have the blown 5.4 and just pulley it up for more boost. congrats though, its got to be exciting being on the cutting edge with a car like that

Fourcam330

Established Member
i love the idea of being naturally aspirated, and having this car in the 10's, but i'd rather have the blown 5.4 and just pulley it up for more boost. congrats though, its got to be exciting being on the cutting edge with a car like that

Hey Kirk:beer:

This is a video of the same customer in FL running at the Miami Mile next weekend in his C63 with our headers/tuning/airboxes/tstat and now ported heads.
Car did not have ported heads in this video and made 470rwhp/428rwtq SAE on a dyno with no air in FL in the middle of the summer.
Other car in this video is owned by a friend of the C63 owner, it's a Renntech Stage 4 E55 that runs 11.2@125+ in cool FL winter air--well as cool as it gets. E55 makes 540rwhp/560rwtq SAE same dyno as C63.

This was in July (IIRC), temp was 92F with 90% humid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6cAsLd36mE"]YouTube - MHP Long Tube C63 vs Renntech E55[/ame]

Pre headers the C63 would lose everytime. Post headers it's won 11/11 from digs, rolls, etc. At higher speeds (120-140+) we have the gearing, length of powerband, and aerodynamic edge on 55Ks as well. It's hard to match their off the line torque but we're managing low 1.7 60's on 18" 265/40 DRs.

Here's a vid of a customer of mine in the Ukraine with my headers/tuning and stock filters, ~30-190mph. He made 445rw SAE on a Dyno Dynamics dyno/490rw SAE on a DJ. The car he's running against is a 650HP Kleeman S4 CLS55.

First vid you see the CLS pull ahead around 130-140 then the C63 puts 2-3 cars on it to 190.

Second vid is a back to back second race, and the reason you want to be N/A. CLS55 is heatsoaked to death after just 1 run, loses by 8 cars. Ran again not on video, estimated at 15+ cars.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0CErtbm7YE"]YouTube - c63 amg vs cls55 amg kleeman k4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r21OpMNwoGo"]YouTube - c63 amg vs cls55 amg kleeman k4[/ame]

If you want factory FI wait for the new TT DI 5.5L 4v 2011 CLS 55 AMG or get a 2011 M5/M6. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread