When you hear it, you know it.

rborden

Established Member
I don't know what it is about a song, but when you hear that beat, that riff on the guitar, the lyrics and it all comes together and it's just perfect, you know it's a song you add to your playlist. It puts you in a really good mood too. :D

Anyone else have a similar take on music? I'm not a specific music genre kinda guy.

I can listen to everything from Metallica, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Led Zeppelin, Three Days Grace, and Heart to the Bellamy Brothers, The Cars and Pat Benatar. My taste is wide and varies.

I'm a sucker for those 70's and 80's love songs and hair bands though dammit.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Think we all love music even though our taste may vary. My mother had Pat Benatar when I was a kid, first thing I remember ever listening to. It was "In the heat of the Night", a tape. Bob Marley got me through a trip in the Middle East. Was just tired mentally, bought everything I could find of his. He is good for your soul. Grew up mostly with Rock but listened to Rap, Country, R&B. Huge Metallica fan, mostly Kill Em All, Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. Few people out today I dig but I'm old school junkie the most. Yelawolf is one of favs of today.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I don't know what it is about a song, but when you hear that beat, that riff on the guitar, the lyrics and it all comes together and it's just perfect, you know it's a song you add to your playlist. It puts you in a really good mood too. :D

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I have over 4,000 songs on my Sonos Playlist that I enjoy for hours throughout the house. I add songs all the time when I hear/come across them and get them "Shazam'd"...EVERY single one has a meaning or memory in my over 60 years of life...

Music and the nostalgic way it makes me feel has been important my whole life. The fact that I can gather ALL of this "Music of my Life" electronically is amazing to a guy my age who started with a single record player.

Oh...and to say these 4K songs are an exlectic mix is an understatement...folks are surprise ALL the time when they are at my house and listening to "The Finest Collection of Music" spanning nearly (probably) 300 years...

Thanks for making me appreciate my work...

Sladester2

Established Member
Think we all love music even though our taste may vary. My mother had Pat Benatar when I was a kid, first thing I remember ever listening to. It was "In the heat of the Night", a tape. Bob Marley got me through a trip in the Middle East. Was just tired mentally, bought everything I could find of his. He is good for your soul. Grew up mostly with Rock but listened to Rap, Country, R&B. Huge Metallica fan, mostly Kill Em All, Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning. Few people out today I dig but I'm old school junkie the most. Yelawolf is one of favs of today.

Was front row for a Yelawolf concert before, being pushed against the fence in front of the stage.. that was wild.

rborden

Established Member
I have over 4,000 songs on my Sonos Playlist that I enjoy for hours throughout the house. I add songs all the time when I hear/come across them and get them "Shazam'd"...EVERY single one has a meaning or memory in my over 60 years of life...

Music and the nostalgic way it makes me feel has been important my whole life. The fact that I can gather ALL of this "Music of my Life" electronically is amazing to a guy my age who started with a single record player.

Oh...and to say these 4K songs are an exlectic mix is an understatement...folks are surprise ALL the time when they are at my house and listening to "The Finest Collection of Music" spanning nearly (probably) 300 years...

Thanks for making me appreciate my work...
Shazam is quite possibly the best thing EVER! I think Verizon had the app before it became Shazam.

If not for that app, I'd have never known who sang this song or the name of the song. One of my FAVES!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Shazam is quite possibly the best thing EVER! I think Verizon had the app before it became Shazam.

If not for that app, I'd have never known who sang this song or the name of the song. One of my FAVES!

On my playlist ^^^. Bob Welch was originally part of Fleetwood Mac...

And yes...the older i get..Shazam HELPS! Although my wife complains because when we go on roadtrips...I KNOW each and EVERY word to about a million songs...but according to her...I STILL forget things around the house!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
On my playlist ^^^. Bob Welch was originally part of Fleetwood Mac...

And yes...the older i get..Shazam HELPS! Although my wife complains because when we go on roadtrips...I KNOW each and EVERY word to about a million songs...but according to her...I STILL forget things around the house!
My wife gives me hell because I change the words up on songs and call it a remix. Usually, it involves dirty sexual shit. lol.

Stevie Nicks....generation before me but holy hell the crush I would have had on her.

This is by far IMO the greatest cover ever done.

Another outstanding cover back on them....

It might be my age,, but music was just so much better back when.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I like a wide variety of different music.

But The Eagles, Zac Brown and Stapleton for me.

Or anything 70's and 80's. I do not listen to most modern artists.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
This is true. When you heard "pour some sugar on me" you knew the stage was going to be crazy. Man I miss the single days sometimes. I wouldn't trade what I have now for anything but I sure would like to go back and do it all one more time.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not sure if I'm showing my age or lack thereof here,

Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince is always in my rotation when the summer rolls around. It brings back good memories. A lot of the stuff on Rock the Bells Radio gets me as that's what I listened to in my youth. DJ Quick, Onyx, Run DMC etc. In my 20's I made the switch to what is now divorced dad rock. So Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit are all mixed in with Dr. Dre, Snoop, and Eminem.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm not even old, but I've been around long enough to recognize the difference between older, good music and modern, mostly shit. I have and still do listen to my share of "garbage" music from my youth, but I've also got plenty of folks who I consider actually talented. I figure every generation shits on the following generation's music. lol

rborden

Established Member
I like a wide variety of different music.

But The Eagles, Zac Brown and Stapleton for me.

Or anything 70's and 80's. I do not listen to most modern artists.
I'm not a big fan of Fergie but she NAILED the cover of Heart's "Barracuda" with Slash on the Guitar. Hot damn.

Users who are viewing this thread