Installed and dyno'd BBK shorties

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
Installed BBK stainless shorties on the 11 this past Tuesday, and it made 418 rwhp and 374 torque today at Blankenship's Tunning & Performance, gained a lot of torque down low and at peak they were good for a gain 6 rwhp and 9 torque...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYYmK4ku2s&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2011 Mustang BBK shorties - YouTube[/nomedia]

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
Can you post the graph for us please?

dyno-1.gif

dyno.gif

wbt

Banned
Good stuff and glad to see others step out on the plank and put the naysayers at bay. :beer:

...and people doubted my gains with them. ;-)

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
Good stuff and glad to see others step out on the plank and put the naysayers at bay. :beer:

...and people doubted my gains with them. ;-)

I asked the tuner for two tunes, one with torque reduction on and the other one with it off, is yours on or off?

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
How much hp difference is there typically between long tube and shorties?

probably has allot to do with what other mods you already have, I could never get a straight answer... but on my car, only mod changed was the headers, on the same dyno a week later with similar weather, 6 rwhp and 9 torque at peak... no augment can be made that I can see.

Last edited:

351inside

Established Member
probably has allot to do with what other mods you already have, I could never get a straight answer... but on my car, only mod changed was the headers, on the same dyno a week later with similar weather, 6 rwhp and 9 torque at peak... no augment can be made that I can see.

did you do the install yourself? if so how long did it take? im wanted headers but 750+ for headers is a little to steep for me right now

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
did you do the install yourself? if so how long did it take? im wanted headers but 750+ for headers is a little to steep for me right now

Yes and it was a bitch. Here's a YouTube video of an install that is pretty much right on:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asumZp4Axx4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2011 Mustang GT Test BBK Exhaust - YouTube[/nomedia]

I'd recommend not getting in a hurry and a variety of ratchet wrenches; stubby, adjustable head and regular. Air ratchet and a lift if you have access. If you do get a set PM and I'll tell you a couple things I ran into.

sorry, it took 4 hours

Last edited:

Turbosixx

Established Member
Seems like installing in your garage could be a pain in the ass. Very nice gains.

Users who are viewing this thread