sct drivers for windows 8?

Going for broke

Established Member
I bought a new laptop running windows 8 and I can't seem to get the tuner and the pc to communicate. any ideas? I have tried to find drivers to no avail. :shrug:

deepblue13

Established Member
You have to go to the device manager and look for the handheld with a yellow astreks next it and left click on it and download the driver

SNSTR50

Established Member
I assume you're referring to SCT updater and not LiveLink Gen II? There's a link on Lundracing.com on how to manually install the driver's if need be

Going for broke

Established Member
I assume you're referring to SCT updater and not LiveLink Gen II? There's a link on Lundracing.com on how to manually install the driver's if need be
that info is the same as on the sct site. I tried that but with it being windows 8 everything is different. thank you though

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I had a problem also. I had to get a sct tech to take over me computer and do it for me.
easy cheesy

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I had the same issue with windows 8. As a few above have already mentioned, just plug in the tuner to your PC, open up the device manager, click on the USB device with the yellow mark on it, download driver. Simple as that

mtrsprt

Established Member
If it's not a driver isssue, it's a compatibility/user issue. Change all SCT programs to run as administrator. I just had to do that to get my Gen2 datalogging program to respond to the PCM PID's.

deepblue13

Established Member
Hmmmmm....I have Windows 8 on my computer and I simply went into the device manager and updated the driver for the handheld. Was easy and worked like a charm after that.

Users who are viewing this thread