OASIS Special Service Message on my 2011

venumus93

Established Member
Hey Everyone-

I got my first oil change done at my dealer on Friday at 788 miles. Afterwards, went cruisin and put about 50 miles on the car, driving easy but not babying it too much (after car was warmed up).

I got home and pulled into the garage and heard a tapping noise, but only for a brief second when the RPMs were between 1000-1200-ish. Sounds like an exhaust leak tapping noise or like a lifter tap on the old 5.0's. I was horrified and pissed at the same time. Although I saw them pull my car directly into the shop and watched them do the oil change then pull it back out, I thought the tech must have done something wrong. Looking back, I know that isn't true.

Took car back to dealer yesterday AM to let service advisor know my concerns. they immediately got a tech on it, drove it a bit and heard the noise clear as day as well. When I got back to the dealer the tapping nopise was more prominant then before.

After about 30 minutes, the service advisor came back and gave me a printout with the following info:

"OASIS SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGE NUMBER: 21363

Message Title: 2011 Mustang - 5.0L - Engine/Transmission Chrip Noise

Applicable Vehicles:
2011 Car : 00071 Mustang

OASIS MESSAGE:
Some 2011 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 5.0L engine may exhibit a chirp noise heard from the rear of the engine or the front of the transmission. Engineering is currently investigating this condition. Until a new servcie procedure and/or parts are available do not attempt repair. Monitor OASIS for updates."

Well, I'll continue to drive it and try to enjoy it until they figure out what is going on with this noise. On second thought, maybe I'll just drive my '93 5.0 and enjoy some old school 5.0 drivin. :coolman:

Thoughts/Advice on my OASIS problem are appreciated in advance. :)

Thanks,
Sean

stang1971

Established Member
why did you change ur oil so soon? the manual says 10k.. im gonna get mine done at 5k. but at less then 800 miles?

venumus93

Established Member
why did you change ur oil so soon? the manual says 10k.. im gonna get mine done at 5k. but at less then 800 miles?

The manual says not to drive it hard for the first 100 miles and not in a competitive fashion for 1000 miles as well. So, I figure even though it doesn't require a real "break in" like engines of old, it cant hurt to change it out after the nominal break-in to make sure no machining residues (i.e. small metal shavings) still remain in the engine. Again, I don't think it can hurt.....and it was free as my first oil change. :coolman:

Thanks,
Sean

AmnDucky

Established Member

I am getting my oil changed next week also. The motor will have metal shavings and crab from the bearings and rings settling in. Gotta get that out.

And that squeek is the rumored cause of the shipping hold.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I have the ability to check periodically on this for you(us) and when there is a solution available I'll post it up.

351inside

Established Member
I have the ability to check periodically on this for you(us) and when there is a solution available I'll post it up.

please do, mine has 1000 miles on it and i will change the oil this weekend... i heard a light tap also but didnt think anything of it... i will check today again when i have a chance

venumus93

Established Member

Thanks in advance! I drove it to work today and the noise is actually worse now. Very noticeable once the car is warmed up. I dont think it is a tranny issue as it does it with the clutch pedal pushed all the way down and not in gear, and the noise comes when the engines revs...

Hope to hear something soon..

Thanks,
Sean

351inside

Established Member
Thanks in advance! I drove it to work today and the noise is actually worse now. Very noticeable once the car is warmed up. I dont think it is a tranny issue as it does it with the clutch pedal pushed all the way down and not in gear, and the noise comes when the engines revs...

Hope to hear something soon..

Thanks,
Sean

Sign up over at the s197 forums and let the guys know what you are experiencing.... i made a thread on it ill pm it to you...

rexisme

Established Member
Mine is doing this as well, noticed it after my first oil change at 3k miles. Suck's because I was going to order my bolt on's this week, it is so staying stock until this is sorted out.

venumus93

Established Member
Mine is doing this as well, noticed it after my first oil change at 3k miles. Suck's because I was going to order my bolt on's this week, it is so staying stock until this is sorted out.

I was wondering if it happened to anyone else after their first oil change.... I will stay stock as well until it is fixed, then hopefully do some mild mods and have Justin at VMP work his magic with a tune (like he did for my 2004 Mach One :burnout:).

any update on this issue?

Nothing really new from the dealer as of about a week ago. I need to call them tomorrow or Tuesday and see if there is any updates from Ford.

The noise has gotten worse. Wierd part is that it only happens AFTER the car is fully warmed up and driven for a while. Had a good buddy listen for the noise and he thinks it is coming out of the driver's side head.

It is bittersweet not hearing more folks have this same issue, especially with all of the modding being done on these cars already...

venumus93

Established Member
Oh, and to top it off....when going into work today to catch up on some stuff before the dreaded Monday workday hits, I got a little spirited at a stoplight and when shifted form 1-2, I had the clutch pedal sticking to the floor thing happen. Scared the bejeebus outta me! :fm:

Hope Ford fixes that too by buying me the GT500 pedal assembly...

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
mine also makes this "chirp" noise. I have 3K on my car. I'm yet to have the clutch pedal stick on me tho.

Todd03Blown

Established Member

I always change the oil in my brand new car around 500-1000 miles. Just did this on my wifes new 2010 explorer limited last week.

venumus93

Established Member
Last edited:

venumus93

Established Member
Oh duh!

Hey man, the OASIS message to which you refer actually pertains to a "giant cricket" sound, so I doubt your tick is actually that.

However, look at my other thread here. Try and emulate the noise exactly as I did . . .

2011 Mustang 5.0 Engine Problem . . . and Ford's Strange Fix - Ford Mustang Forums

ooops.....my bad for not clicking your link previously. My car does the
exact same thing. Trying to reach my service advisor now to see
if I can get in on this fix!

Welder

Hey Everyone-

I got my first oil change done at my dealer on Friday at 788 miles. Afterwards, went cruisin and put about 50 miles on the car, driving easy but not babying it too much (after car was warmed up).

I got home and pulled into the garage and heard a tapping noise, but only for a brief second when the RPMs were between 1000-1200-ish. Sounds like an exhaust leak tapping noise or like a lifter tap on the old 5.0's. I was horrified and pissed at the same time. Although I saw them pull my car directly into the shop and watched them do the oil change then pull it back out, I thought the tech must have done something wrong. Looking back, I know that isn't true.

Took car back to dealer yesterday AM to let service advisor know my concerns. they immediately got a tech on it, drove it a bit and heard the noise clear as day as well. When I got back to the dealer the tapping nopise was more prominant then before.

After about 30 minutes, the service advisor came back and gave me a printout with the following info:

"OASIS SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGE NUMBER: 21363

Message Title: 2011 Mustang - 5.0L - Engine/Transmission Chrip Noise

Applicable Vehicles:
2011 Car : 00071 Mustang

OASIS MESSAGE:
Some 2011 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 5.0L engine may exhibit a chirp noise heard from the rear of the engine or the front of the transmission. Engineering is currently investigating this condition. Until a new servcie procedure and/or parts are available do not attempt repair. Monitor OASIS for updates."

Well, I'll continue to drive it and try to enjoy it until they figure out what is going on with this noise. On second thought, maybe I'll just drive my '93 5.0 and enjoy some old school 5.0 drivin. :coolman:

Thoughts/Advice on my OASIS problem are appreciated in advance. :)

Thanks,
Sean

Sean-I have exactly the same problem. Thanks for the Oasis report. I actually used it at the dealer today.

First oil change last Friday. 2600km. Noticable engine tick within 1/2 hour. None before.

Full post here:

2011 Mustang GT-First oil change-now loud engine tick - Ford Mustang Forums

Users who are viewing this thread