2012 Official Boss Pricing

steele501

Established Member
not bad, but once you start adding all the goodie like recaro seats and whatnot, to me, the price is WAY to close to the gt500.

FWP!

Established Member
not bad, but once you start adding all the goodie like recaro seats and whatnot, to me, the price is WAY to close to the gt500.

This is the obvious argument that is going to come up ALL THE TIME with this Boss version, but you're not looking at all the differences. The Boss will handle much better and probably be faster because it's lighter, just two examples.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member

recaro seats and torsen diff $1999
boss floor mats and boss car cover $475.
+ d & d charge.

$42.9k thats the max

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what the hell people??? this thing will be a few tenths shy of a well driven GT500 in the quarter, and absolutely destroy it on a road course! this isn't exactly a 'lesser' car, it's more like a road course equivalent.
as far as the price, that's about what i thought it would be, though i figured the laguna would be in the low $50s, and the base right at $39k.

consider for a second that the '00 cobra R had an MSRP of $55k, and the laguna seca, which will absolutely destroy it in every single way, will come in at $48k. this car is a STEAL!
Hopefully they will make the Recaros available separately, I would like a pair for my GT.
they will be optional on the GT500 next year, and i bet you'll see them as a direct bolt in in an FRPP catalog as well.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yeah tell me about it the new taurus sho is $45k, you can buy a nice 3 series for that, and the mach 1 is priced to close to a shelby gt500, the boss should be more like 35-40, esp when the gt is 29-38,its same engine as a regular gt,

But the SHO is bigger than a 3 series and almost bigger than a 5 series..

Nice try though.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
yeah tell me about it the new taurus sho is $45k, you can buy a nice 3 series for that, and the mach 1 is priced to close to a shelby gt500, the boss should be more like 35-40, esp when the gt is 29-38,its same engine as a regular gt,

False!:dw:
Big fail there pal. You have not been paying adequate attention.:nonono:
The engine is however the same as the BOSS 302 R Grand Am race car.

The engine and PCM(including the red key tune) in my opinion is worth the price admission ALONE! Obviously the car is totally sorted out making the value that much higher.

I will own one of these someday but it will have to be a used one because I am just not in that kind of income bracket.

stang910

Established Member
That is a steal! My car was stickered right at 40k. Although I'm not interested in the Boss I would love to have that engine.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Its a track ready car with one badass version of the new 5.0.
CNC'ed heads, more agressive cams, lighter valvetrain, sodium filled exhaust valves, much stronger rods and pistons, new optimized intake manifold, more agressive tuning and a very sweet custom side and rear exhaust system. :D

Thats just the engine and exhaust, the suspension-chassis-interior-exterior are a whole different game too.

I think The BOSS is very well priced for a track ready street legal Mustang.

If that still hasnt changed your mind, just check out what Griggs and others charge to modify your already paid for mustang into a track car. That will sober most up real quick. :)

ViciousJay

Established Member
Its a track ready car with one badass version of the new 5.0.
CNC'ed heads, more agressive cams, lighter valvetrain, sodium filled exhaust valves, much stronger rods and pistons, new optimized intake manifold, more agressive tuning and a very sweet custom side and rear exhaust system. :D

Thats just the engine and exhaust, the suspension-chassis-interior-exterior are a whole different game too.

I think The BOSS is very well priced for a track ready street legal Mustang.

If that still hasnt changed your mind, just check out what Griggs and others charge to modify your already paid for mustang into a track car. That will sober most up real quick. :)

i see what your saying but lets be honest, most are gonna wanna drag this car.. i think a base GT with high rise intake manifold, gear, cai, midpipe, tune, and tire can run low 11's

and the ford boss suspension vs griggs is a coin toss, i personally still would rather have the griggs stuff

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
for the price of a griggs suspension, not including install, your also getting recaros and the exact same engine used in continental challenge cars.
lap times may be a toss up, or even in favor of the griggs set up, but the boss 302 is a far far better deal than a GT + griggs.

Users who are viewing this thread