Disgusted with Ford, so I bought another one.....lol

SicShelby09

Banned
So some of you know that I bought a base Yellow Blaze 2011 GT with brembos and 3.73s only. And this car had a major paint defect on the roof, and Ford was unable to find a local body shop within 100 miles that would try to fix it for what they wanted to pay...($400 total!!). So After working with the dealer and Ford customer service, we came to the conclusion that we would vinyl stripe the car under warranty. Ok fine. So off it went to the striper. Well he fouled up the stripes, and decided to HAND CUT them on the car. After he did this several times, he left a few very deep score marks on the roof and hood. So deep in fact that they would need to be wet sanded out and the hood and roof recleared. So to fix that, Ford decided to have a local body shop paint the stripes on. Well they took the car to MAACO!!!!?!?!?!! Needless to say, I didnt find out until I picked up the car. It was the worst paint job I have ever seen. There were fish eyes and dirt dimples all over all the panels (hood, roof and decklid). Not only that, but most of the stripe lines were fuzzy, as in they were not sharp. Also the clear had already started to peel from the roof line where it meets the windshield.

So here I was on Friday at 5 oclock with nobody at my dealer, nobody at Ford and the body shop was trying to kick me out. Well I sat there and argued with the body shop owner and he finally agreed that they were going to redo the whole thing. After about a minute of thinking, I decided that this car was a total loss to me and would never be what I wanted.

So Saturday morning I headed to the Ford dealer and traded that bastard in. I lost a shit-ton of money, but I got me a brand spankin new 2011 GT/CS Instead of another base car, I opted for LOADED.

2011 Performance White GT/CS
6 speed manual
Electronics Pkg.
HID headlights
3.55 gears

It also had to be located from another dealer, but it was close and they were able to get it saturday afternoon for me. This was original selling dealer from the yellow one, and they were totally on board to help me. Ford customer service, on the other hand, is going to hear from my lawyer. Im going to sue them for everything I can get. On to the pics

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

I wont lie. I do miss that brembo pkg. Not for the brakes, but for the suspension and wheels. The brembo car rides so much stiffer, yet it very forgiving. The non brembo car feels like a boat floating around. And another negative is the 3.55 gears. I thought I would be happier with the lower gear, but it feels very lazy compared to the 3.73 car. But for crusing, its a dream now. 6th gear finally feels like it should, a cruising gear. Im not trying to shift into a 7th gear all the time. I plan on getting those brembo wheels from FRPP, the black ones. They are the exact same size and offset, but they are gloss black. So thats my story, and Im happy with the end result. Now for the fight with ford.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Wow didn't expect all of that to go down!! But I can only imagine how fed up you were...I hear ya on the "boat" feeling though. Lowering fixes that no problem. And those black brembo wheels will look sweet on that car. Make sure and go over it real good right away to be sure you won't have to add stripes or anything to it :)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I wish you luck but I dont think you have a case.....

Once you accepted the car "as is" ford no longer has the obligation to fix the car you no longer own.
The dealer/ford is going to ask for the sold car back as it would cost less than paying you for the depreciation on the damaged "used" car. Can you give them the car back if asked(in exchange for a full refund that is)?

If you still owned the car, yes the dealer or ford would still be libel to correct the car that you paid for.

I myself would have asked for my money back, handed the keys back to the dealer/ford then looked for the car you originally wanted.

I hope I am wrong and I wish you luck!

Did the dealer of the white c/s know that you were still wanting the first dealer to fix the yellow mustang? This will be ugly.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Did the dealer of the white c/s know that you were still wanting the first dealer to fix the yellow mustang? This will be ugly.

Same dealer. And for the record, that dealer was the best of the best. Their service director has been completely awesome with me, and their sales team has also been the best. The service director was trying all he could fighting ford customer care to get the correct action taken on the yellow one, while the sales team was still looking for another GT for me to trade into if the service side failed. And both sales and service knew what was going on. I couldnt say a bad thing about this dealership ( Bull Valley Ford in Woodstock IL). Both on sales and service. And mind you, I have been one huge pain in the ass to them trying to get all this taken care of. They did all they could, but because they had no control over the striper, then the body shop that Ford picked. So the dealer was also at Fords mercy, as was I. Had they allocated the correct amount of funds to some of the respected body shops near where I live, then this would have been taken care of the right way which is repainting the roof. And several shops said they could do it, but not for $400..... More like $2k and up. Ford wouldnt pay it. So we went round and round to find a solution. The vinyl stripes were cheap and they found an even cheaper installer to do them. And thats where it all went down hill.

The moral of this story to Ford is, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! And I guess in the end, they still havent stepped up to make it up to me. You guys know I got a screaming deal on the yellow 11, and when I made the trade to the new GT/CS, I lost all that money and it turned into NOT so great of a deal. The way I see it, Ford owes me my losses back. And Im willing to sue their asses to get it.

JB2012

Established Member
Good for you for making sure you get what you want/deserve. Large companies try to get away with stuff like that because they often can. Most people won't stand up for themselves.

Good luck!.

01silverstang

Established Member
I know you didn't always agree with my posts before but this is what I was worried would happen to you. You got a pretty good deal on a base car with brembo and gears, Truecar lists a Blaze Yellow Base GT with Brembo and 3.73's at $28,784. That price includes $1,450 in fees and $2,000 in rebates. So while the initial deal was good, it was close to what anyone should be able to get. The key is you had equity in your GT500, and that also worked in your advantage.

It seems like each step of the way you got hosed, first with the damage, then with the solutions, etc. I know it's not funny but someone please tell me you don't see the comedy in a proposed $400 repaint, followed by the vinyl stickers which caused more damage, and then the supreme comedy of the car being taken to a MAACO for painted stripes...

The part that was most hard to read was that you lost a bunch of money on the deal. I'm sure part of you wishes you had never traded the GT500. It's hard watching, because now you didn't get any great deal. You lost your equity from the GT500, you lost more money over defects Ford was responsible for, and also lost that money getting into a loaded Mustang which probably cost you more than if you had just traded on the GT/CS to begin.

Hope you enjoy the new car, but at this point consider it a lessen as you won't be able to sue Ford over a vehicle you no longer own.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Its not fords problem. This is where things got messy. Once the dealer check in the cars to their lot the dealer is now the owner of the vehicle and solely responsible for the condition and upkeep to the vehicle. You can say the dealer service and sales did their job, but they did not.

The dealer owned the mustang(they buy the cars from ford and sell them at a profit), and they are the ones that need to fix the problem, not ford! This dealer was simply passing the buck. Then when it came to fixing the problem the dealer cleaned you again by buying back a now used and damaged car, only to make another profit on your second purchased mustang. Im sorry the dealer hosed you.

The dealer needed to fix the car or refund your money(not ford)! They did neither. And you bought another car from them?:bash:

Who is your lawsuit against? the dealer or ford? You cant sue ford since it was not their car, legally they sold it to the dealer. Your best line of action is to go after the dealer. Since they have the car back, I would go after full reimbursement of payment for the yellow gt. Good Luck!

Working at dealer you see lots of things. One time this car was checked in that did not have a finished paint job on the roof. If the man checking in the cars(off the transport) would have seen this, the manufacturer would have paid for the new paint/clear. Since he did not see it till later the dealer needed to pay for the repaint. Once checked in it is the dealer car and responsibility.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Its not fords problem. This is where things got messy. Once the dealer check in the cars to their lot the dealer is now the owner of the vehicle and solely responsible for the condition and upkeep to the vehicle. You can say the dealer service and sales did their job, but they did not.

The dealer owned the mustang(they buy the cars from ford and sell them at a profit), and they are the ones that need to fix the problem, not ford! This dealer was simply passing the buck. Then when it came to fixing the problem the dealer cleaned you again by buying back a now used and damaged car, only to make another profit on your second purchased mustang. Im sorry the dealer hosed you.

The dealer needed to fix the car or refund your money(not ford)! They did neither. And you bought another car from them?:bash:

Who is your lawsuit against? the dealer or ford? You cant sue ford since it was not their car, legally they sold it to the dealer. Your best line of action is to go after the dealer. Since they have the car back, I would go after full reimbursement of payment for the yellow gt. Good Luck!

Working at dealer you see lots of things. One time this car was checked in that did not have a finished paint job on the roof. If the man checking in the cars(off the transport) would have seen this, the manufacturer would have paid for the new paint/clear. Since he did not see it till later the dealer needed to pay for the repaint. Once checked in it is the dealer car and responsibility.

This is all correct. Once the car is PDI'd and no flaws are reported, the responsibility of any cost to repair is now on the dealer.

OP, sounds like a really big headache and hopefully your new CS makes you happy.

acrbill

Established Member
Did you get the new one at Golf Mill Ford?

I definitely think you made the right choice. Get the car you want now and then start fighting Ford for a partial refund. I really dig your description on the gears. I have 3.55s and I was afraid of putting the 4.10s I have in the garage in but you sold me.

Happy motoring!

01silverstang

Established Member
Did you get the new one at Golf Mill Ford?

I definitely think you made the right choice. Get the car you want now and then start fighting Ford for a partial refund. I really dig your description on the gears. I have 3.55s and I was afraid of putting the 4.10s I have in the garage in but you sold me.

Happy motoring!

What they said... only the exact opposite of it. You did what you needed to, in order to be happy and enjoy the car you were paying on, but had you held out and gotten a lawyer involved early financially things would be very different. It will be much harder to argue over something you don't own anymore.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Should have got the automatic. Now as fate would have it, you are going to have the dreaded MT82 woes. Sorry bro. :(

R1CH_P

Established Member
Wow, sorry to hear about all the crap you've had to go through so far. Hope you enjoy your new Mustang though... good luck with the uphill legal battle you have in store...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
hmm...i know nothing about paint but could this possibly be an issue with the color itself? Maybe whatever mixture it takes to make the color? I have two friends with Blazing Yellow and BOTH have paint nightmares. . Best of luck man!

Users who are viewing this thread