New personal best this afternoon, 11.90 @ 116.49 in the Louisiana heat!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Went out to today to run some test and tune. I really was not expecting much, since it was hot today. But, I had a new tune from Shaun, and front runners as well. So, I mounted the wheels, washed the car and headed out to the track:

NewWheels.jpg

I had the JLT on the car, and the stock airbox in the trunk. Of course, I forgot the damn screws for the MAF to install into the stock box, so I could not do comparo runs. :shrug:

Too bad, because I was consistent today. I ran 11.90 @ 116.49 for my best run, with a 1.7 60 foot. I followed it up with an 11.92 @ 116.26 with another 1.70 60 foot, and then a 11.94 @ 116.22 with a 1.739 60 foot. I could not get the car to hook. There was a big wreck, so that ended my day early.

DA was +1856 on the 11.90 run, so corrected it is a 11.64 @ 119. I am totally pumped. 3 near identical 11.9 passes in 85 degree Louisiana heat for a minimal mod car with 3.31 gears and a little 26 inch tire. Again, the tune by Shaun made all the difference. AED, there is no substitute.

Slip:

1190Run.jpg

Video:

2012 Mustang 5.0 goes 11.90 @ 116.49 @ No Problem Raceway, 3/31/2012 - YouTube

[youtube_browser]7E0q2ihl6u8[/youtube_browser]

I think it had more in it, but the wreck ended my night.

Mike

mikestoyz

Established Member
I'd love to know How the stock box compares.
I'm not too bummed, I'll be aed tuned in less than a month!
Great driving. Car looks killer with the wheels!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I know. I was bummed as I had a really good baseline of consistent runs, nearly identical 60 foot times as well. I had the damn box 3/4 installed and then it was, ****, I forgot the damn screws.

Three things that made a big difference today. The front runners removed the fear of imminent death (thanks to those that suggested I rid myself of the radial/bias mismatch, and to Beefcake for the deal on the fronts), seat time is catching up, and the big ass pistol grip handle meant I never missed a gear. The car tracked straight, the gears went in as planned and only the 60 foot times held me back from really cracking some times. I am going to have to re-think my tires, I guess.

I told Shaun this latest revision was a winner.

Mike

dynasty_365

Established Member
big car show gonna b up your way in mandeville real soon mikestoyz. good runs at the track wish i could have came out there. had a decent turnout at the car show in walker though

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
big car show gonna b up your way in mandeville real soon mikestoyz. good runs at the track wish i could have came out there. had a decent turnout at the car show in walker though

Shows are fun, but I prefer to go.....

Where in Mandeville? I live there too.

Mike

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Getting any body sway on the big end? Or are you both bias in front and rear?

Bias front and rear, both M&H. Only time I got any sway was when I dropped the pressure down to 15 psi. I had some, but not pucker worthy.

I ran around 16 psi all night. I think I need a stiff sidewall slick that is taller.

Mike

Bad Intention

Established Member
I was able to watch all of your passes this eve. Car ran great. 85* temp and 85-90% Humity sucks. After you left 68 or 69 Maro with god nows how much Nitrous hung the wheels high enough for us to see front wheel above concrete wall and held it about 100' out and then when it came down scraped passenger side of his car down the wall for a ways. Track was shut down again for a while.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Nice work. I embedded the vid for you, so you can click in the original post to see how it is done.

Users who are viewing this thread