1/2 Mile MPH Results *Large Pics*

MyGT8U

Established Member
WannaGoFast.com held a half mile event yesterday. Because of the rain the event was pushed to sunday and delayed a few hours. We started running at 1030 with damp conditions but by the afternoon the track was dry and it was sunny outside.

The half-mile was marked out on a closed airstrip, so it was extremely dirty. I had major traction issues in 1st and 2nd so launching was not an option. My 5.0 managed a top recorded MPH of 138 and TheCPE's 5.0 C/S had a top speed of 137MPH. I beat a new Camero SS with cams/Longtubes/Full exhaust/Cold Air Tube/Tune/Suspension/Wheels by about 3 car lengths. I left him from the line and never looked back. Not bad since all i have is a catback/tune :)

Also there was another 5.0 there that had Full Exhaust/CAI/Intake Manifold/Tune/75 Shot that beat a stock 2003 Viper SRT-10 twice by about a car and a half!

Here are some Pics of the event

JoelTakeoff.jpg

JoelvsCamero2.jpg

JoelReturn.jpg

The Camero I Beat
JoelvsCamero.jpg

Mustang50Race.jpg

Joel37.jpg

MyGT8U

Established Member
Nice runs, id love to do something like this. I bet the camaro guy was pissed

Haha yeah my buddy heard him make the following excuses from the guy, "I had my A/C on" and "My Window was partially down"! Then he looked at my stock engine bay and shook his head :)

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Haha yeah my buddy heard him make the following excuses from the guy, "I had my A/C on" and "My Window was partially down"! Then he looked at my stock engine bay and shook his head :)

is there a facepalm icon thing for those excuses? haha

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
The guy with the SS MyGT8U raced definitely was shocked by the minor mods the 5.0 he lost to had.

I raced an SS (manual) with all the bolt ons but no cam and only edged it out by a fender, however it the video you'll see why it was so close. I completely broke lose and got a little squirrel on the 2nd gear hit and had to play catch up after that.

Anyway, it was a blast for sure, and can't wait to do it again! But next time with better tires, the stock 245 all season pirelli tires are useless!

On to the videos, got a few more to edit later on and some pics too!

[youtube_browser]dAsozJXfAAY[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]0l8lHLDB0qI[/youtube_browser]
(You never see the roush but I promise he was there, you can hear the sc whine for a few secs on the hit)

[youtube_browser]n_ex3poT4ko[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]e6xlRGhWrxc[/youtube_browser]
(me vs mygt8u, yeh he got me:))

[youtube_browser]7H0KODjdqv4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Dave_6

Established Member
Nice runs and pics guys! Good to see the 5.0 doing well.

I know the guy that owns that blue GTS (works for SPEC).

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Where was this in Fl I live in Tampa?

It is in Carrabelle, FL which is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere on the "Forgotten Coast" of Fl.

It is about 20 miles from Apalachicola (which isn't much larger) about an hour south of Tallahassee I think.

I think there were a handful of folks from the Tampa area there, the guy in the white supercharged C6 vette came from Tampa.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
So who had the top speed there that day?

The top speed was 155 mph by a cammed C6 Z06, it won the NA category.

The top speed in the FI category was a supercharged C5 Z06 at 154 mph.

There was a tt 350Z that did 153! I believe the ZL1 got close to 150mph.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Impossible.

Seriously though, was it a shop car, or a private owner?

Private owner, I'm pretty sure it was built by forged performance (Sharif), if you aren't familiar with the platform than I wouldn't make snap judgements.

Properly built TT VQs can be very fast, this one was putting about 550 down I believe.

t-ray

Established Member
Private owner, I'm pretty sure it was built by forged performance (Sharif), if you aren't familiar with the platform than I wouldn't make snap judgements.

Properly built TT VQs can be very fast, this one was putting about 550 down I believe.

Sorry, I was making poorly worded joke.

I had a g35 sedan that I drag raced very heavily(over 300 passes). On motor, it went 13.2@104. Actually, Sharif was the guy that tuned my G.

Before I got the Mustang, I was trying to decide if I was going to boost the shit out of the g, or move on to another platform. Obviously I chose the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread