Bumpstops

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Did some searching but not coming up with a clear answer.

To those who have swapped in front lowering springs did you trim the stock bumpstops, purchase new ones, or just leave the stock ones alone? I'm installing Steeda springs and Koni Sports and not sure of the best path to take here. I'm tempted to just trim the stock ones and move on.

HBO

Established Member
Did some searching but not coming up with a clear answer.

To those who have swapped in front lowering springs did you trim the stock bumpstops, purchase new ones, or just leave the stock ones alone? I'm installing Steeda springs and Koni Sports and not sure of the best path to take here. I'm tempted to just trim the stock ones and move on.

I just had Steeda Sport springs installed and as far as I know, nothing was done with the bump stops. I have yet to have an issue after approx. 300 miles. I'd say leave 'em stock and if it proves to be an issue for you, hack them in half?

saunupe1911

Established Member
I called Sam Strano and he said don't even worry about replacing them with such a mild drop as the Steeda Sport springs. Also I believe the FRPP bumpstops are basically the same size as stock (someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

Now here is my real life 2 cents from experience since I have Roush/Eibach springs with Koni STR.T shocks/struts. I have hit some huge dips and bumps since I have installed my setup and I have never hit the bumps stops or felt like the car bottomed out. My drop is similiar to the Steeda Sports with 1 inch front and 1.25 rear drop. The dampers seem to rebound way before they hit bumpstops with such a mild drop. People with Eibach Sportlines or the Steeda Ultralites may have different experiences though.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Would this apply to using FRPP K springs? Have my front end torn apart and needing to know what to do with the bumpstops. From what it sounds like above, I would just leave them as-is, correct?

attz0r

On a quest
Established Member
My eibach prokit came with bump stops, I forgot to install them though, so still using the oem, with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread