522 rwhp Naturally Aspirated 2011 5.0

Highway Star

Established Member
2011 Mustang GT Load Bearing Dyno Run 520 RWHP 7700RPM - YouTube
2011 Mustang GT Dyno Print Out 520 RWHP - YouTube

I have spent several years reading this forum and others like it and I have taken everything I have learned from all of you and modded a Mustang the way I think it should be done. This is my fourth project car and my second Mustang. This is a naturally aspirated build for Twisties and Track. This engine / this car is designed to breath and spin high rpms.

Thank you to B@D racing, Brian Shapiro and Mason Rowland in Van Nuys California for making my dream of a high revving all engine highway star /track animal a reality. This car is insanely fast and docile at low speeds.

ENGINE: Short block: deck plated / line bored, forged rods, Wiseco forged pistons all balanced and recorded. Crank balanced and polished. Oil Squirters removed. Piston and rods good to 1000HP

Heads: Livernois porting, Boss Valve Springs (Good to 8000 rpm)

Cams: Comp Stage two Cams

Manifold: Boss Manifold/ Steeda Cold Air Intake

Exhaust: Kook Long Tubes, x-pipe, borla

Cooling: Salleen Grille, Ford Racing Vented Hood (Extremely Important) Boss Engine Oil Cooler, Fluidyne Radiator on the way.
Boss Oil Pan.

Transmission/drivetrain: Torsen T2r Differential (4-1) Bias ratio (awesome), Barton Shifter and Shifter Bracket (Stout).

Brakes: Front Brembos, Hawk pads, Full Tilt Front Brake rotors (7-8 lbs lighter than oem)

Suspension. BMR rear Lower Control Arms, Relocation Brackets, Steeda Sport Springs, Koni Yellows (adjustable), MM Caster Camber Plates, Steeda BumpSteer kit, Steeda Ball joints, Strano front adjustable sway bar 35.5 mm. Rears sway 24 mm

Wheels: 19x9 Forgestar F-14s (26lbs 5 lbs less than stock), 19x10 (25 lbs) 275/40/19 Pirellis on rear.

In the interior I wanted to get an Italian Supercar feel. The interior is full Black and Blue Alcantara Suede straight from Milan (Via Gulf Coast Fabrics) which covers not only the front and rear seats but also the dash, doors, and shifter console.

The shift boot, and parking break boot are both matching black and blue and are made of soft Italian Leather from Redline Sporting Goods.

The shift ball is black with a rally flag embedded in it.

Dynamatted floor pan and doors, transmission tunnel, entire trunk, 1/2 inch foam sound padding under front carpeting and in trunk. Extra thick "Ford Racing" Carpets in front and thick "Ford Racing" Carpeting in Trunk. This car is loud on the outside but civilized and quiet on the inside.

This car feels stout like an extremely high powered German Sports Car and it should because by now it has cost as much. The inside Even though I dynamatted the vehicle it weighs the same as when stock due to the fact that I have compensated by taking weight off in other areas. Pictures are here

https://picasaweb.google.com/110189455533822270352/Mustang

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
I love all the go fast motor and suspension mods, nicely done. The other, visual stuff, not so much.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
that car looks fantastic on the outside and I LOVE that you were different and went NA, it really reps the coyote and showcases that this is not a motor that NEEDS boost to make power. As for the interior, as long as you like it that's what matter, but honestly, it looks like you have a blanket laying on top of the dash.

5.0GT

Established Member
Great car man, nicely done.

Can you tell me how did the short block and the heads work cost. In the future I think an NA build interests me more than boost. It will prepare the car for boost anyway.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
How much for all the parts to do this? $$ Just trying to do a NA vs Supercharger analysis costs/benefits.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Looks amazing; 522 NA horsepower is pretty awesome!!! Sounds like you bought all the best parts and didn't skimp on anything. I love the interior except for the dash covering (looks like it fits poorly by the windshield) and the little billet pieces should be satin/machined.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Was he WOT in that vid? Good lord, that was crazy long for a 500+rwhp car, even spinning to 8k. I've seen airplanes with shorter gearing than that. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread