induction sound tube

SicShelby09

Banned
has anyone removed the foam inserts in the sound tube? just curious on some feedback on how it sounds.

Sounds like shit. I took all the foam out, and all you get is a fake engine sound pumped in at your left foot. Sounds very fake and gay. WHat I did to make it better, was put the gray piece back in from inside the car. That took it down a few notches. But in the end, I just deleted the sound tube all together. This sound tube is such a ricer thing.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
I literally just did this last night. "cool tech" sells a little kit of plugs that caps it off.
The noise was ridiculous and annoying to say the least. I deleted it and it made a world of difference. It was even making more noise than I thought.

stang8psi

Established Member
Sounds like shit. I took all the foam out, and all you get is a fake engine sound pumped in at your left foot. Sounds very fake and gay. WHat I did to make it better, was put the gray piece back in from inside the car. That took it down a few notches. But in the end, I just deleted the sound tube all together. This sound tube is such a ricer thing.

^this

Davey

Established Member
It's awful. I took the firewall side foam out and went for about a 2-mile drive which was 1.5 miles longer than I wanted to listen to it.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I took the foam out for about five minutes also. I'm not buying it's "ricer" . . . that would mean buying axle-backs is also ricer. However, bottom line, the sound was really crappy without the foam -- very unclean like I had a hole in my muffler. LOL, I guess taking the foam out could be more appropriately labeled "ricer" then just having the tube from factory.

Anyway, once I got axle-backs on, the sound tube (with or without the foam) became something I could barely hear anyway. So, I removed it for no other reason but to clean up the engine bay.

RioRed4v

Established Member
could newb questions, but is there a "proper" way to delete this and is there and benefit to removing it?

i'd like to remove to clean up the bay as well.

Heavyfoot

Established Member
There are a lot of threads where ppl have just gotten plugs from the auto parts store or there are even company's out there that sell little plug kits for this particular thing.
Cool tech sells one, 50resto sell the firewall plug and I know I've read a few other places that sell them. Hopefully that'll help u

RioRed4v

Established Member
There are a lot of threads where ppl have just gotten plugs from the auto parts store or there are even company's out there that sell little plug kits for this particular thing.
Cool tech sells one, 50resto sell the firewall plug and I know I've read a few other places that sell them. Hopefully that'll help u

thanks.

I guess for some reason I've noticed it (the sound)

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
i hate the driver excitement tube. whats next... a electric car with fake engine sound?

That's been in the works for years. Lotus and Audi have done extensive testing. The reason, pedestrians that can't hear a car coming are more likely to get hit.

In all honestly it will be cool. One day you can have a V8 soundtrack the next a screaming V12.

SicShelby09

Banned

I had a white GT, and I found a white plug from Home Depot that fit perfectly in the firewall to block off the hole going through it. You couldnt even tell the plug was there because it matched the firewall color perfectly. And it was like $.79. As for blocking off the intake track hole, I used a rubber stopper from home depot also and it pushed in there perfect. I cut the end off the sound tube that would normally go on the intake side and put it back on as a cap to hold the rubber stopper in there.

Users who are viewing this thread