New Boss 302S Wheel Just Released!!

racer91m

Established Member
Just got a set for my 2011 Blaze Yellow GT. Got a great wheel/tire package deal from these guys with Continental tires (better price than Tirerack). 19x9 front, 19x10 rear. Went with stock 2011 Shelby GT500 tire sizes. Went with the Continental tire because it was the highest rated tire on Tirerack.

Ford Mustang 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Wheel

Mikes5.0

Established Member
Please post pics when they are installed, Im very close to ordering these but would like to see them on a non boss stang first. Did you get the boss size tires? 255/40/19 and 285/35/19?

racer91m

Established Member
Here is a picture:
DSC03641crop.jpg

It's snowing outside so it's still at the shop. I can't wait to get it outside in the light and take some better picts.

The Boss front end got added at the same time. Did Saleen/Stoptech 14"brakes at the same time too ($999 installed). Ford Racing dampers and lowering springs hiding back there too...

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Sweet. The black is a gloss black and the aluminum is clear coated right? Got any more pics? Did you weigh them?

Husker

Established Member
Here is a picture:
DSC03641crop.jpg

It's snowing outside so it's still at the shop. I can't wait to get it outside in the light and take some better picts.

The Boss front end got added at the same time. Did Saleen/Stoptech 14"brakes at the same time too ($999 installed). Ford Racing dampers and lowering springs hiding back there too...

Sweet,,,I see your into Yellow,,,:thumbsup:

Husker

racer91m

Established Member
Yes, gloss black and clear coated, machined aluminum.
I didn't get to weigh them, but they are about 29 pounds for the fronts and 30 pounds for the rears. Here is a link to my Photobucket album I just created for these picts. Most picts are duplicate, but there are a few more picts.

Pictures by racer91m - Photobucket

Yeah, I like the Grabber Orange / Blaze Yellow cars. They look great in on-track pictures...

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Thanks Dean. I think you're the first person on the net to install these wheels. I wonder if they are lighter than Boss 302 wheels. They are advertised as "lightweight" but that doesn't seem to be the case. Are you going to paint your CS spoiler black and add stripes?

racer91m

Established Member
Yes. The wheels weren't due in until 2/10, but the guys at Rehagen are close to the Ford Racing warehouse and the wheels got in early. They shot right over and picked them up. They actually got there before the tires did! They stayed late and got the wheels on the car that day! I think it looks awesome!

From what I understand, these are th e Boss wheels just with the windows painted black to differentiate them. The Boss 302R wheels ar "Lightweight" at 20.3Lbs., but these aren't.

No, I'm going to keep the spoiler the stock color. I'm on the fence about stripes. I was considering flat black boss stripes, but I don't kow how it will look with the gloss black wheels...

Boss intake is on order with Rehagen. I may get that early too. fingers crossed...

CGoeschel

Established Member
I like the sizes but not particularly fond of the look. Hopefully they'll offer the 19" Brembo package wheel in a 10" rear eventually.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I like the sizes but not particularly fond of the look. Hopefully they'll offer the 19" Brembo package wheel in a 10" rear eventually.
Have you heard or read anything about a 10" wide BBP wheel? I really like the looks of the BBP/Ferrari Scuderia/Porsche GT3 RS wheels. :beer:

Mikes5.0

Established Member

x2 I like the boss wheels but really want a 19x10 version of the bbp wheels.

OP, Id keep the body clean not do the strips but thats just me. props for a beautiful car.

racer91m

Established Member
Don't hold your breath for a 19x10 in the Brembo Package Track Pack Wheel. I don't think it's going to happen.

Mikes5.0

Established Member
I'm hoping Americanmuscle will make a 19x10 replica but if not ill just get these wheels.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Don't hold your breath for a 19x10 in the Brembo Package Track Pack Wheel. I don't think it's going to happen.

Well they already make it in a black finish so we can hope. I'm going to get in touch with my contact at Ford Racing and see what he says. I'll let you know what I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread