Intercooler pump connected?

Radarluv55

Established Member
Ok, I have had the car for a week and love it, but for some reason...it's just not as crazy fast as I was expecting based on my 2010. So, I'm looking around under the hood to see if everything is connected etc. I think I found the intercooler pump, but not sure. It has a female electrical connector, but is not plugged in to anything. I'm wondering if this is the actual pump or some service pump. It's in front of the drivers side cylinder head and is plumbed into the intercooler lines. I have a photo, but can't figure out how to attach it. Am I crazy or is the intercooler pump not plugged in????

LT5

Established Member
My car is still a few weeks out, but the manual has these images.
Do you see an unsecured connector anywhere ?

scpump2.gif

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/[ATTACH=full]390654[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1260322[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• scpump1.gif
    scpump1.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 29
  • scpump1.gif
    scpump1.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 20

shelbysvt

Established Member
Ok, I have had the car for a week and love it, but for some reason...it's just not as crazy fast as I was expecting based on my 2010. So, I'm looking around under the hood to see if everything is connected etc. I think I found the intercooler pump, but not sure. It has a female electrical connector, but is not plugged in to anything. I'm wondering if this is the actual pump or some service pump. It's in front of the drivers side cylinder head and is plumbed into the intercooler lines. I have a photo, but can't figure out how to attach it. Am I crazy or is the intercooler pump not plugged in????

It could just be there is not much difference in your butt between 550 hp and 650 hp. Diminishing marginal returns. I mean it takes a lot to do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds but can you really tell a difference between 2.9 and 3.5? Same thing with 3.5-4.0. When I drove a GTR and then my car according to my butt dyno they felt just as fast.

Radarluv55

Established Member
Turns out my arssonometer was correct. The intercooler pump was not connected. The connecting harness was actually in a holder on top of the air intake as if it belonged there. The service rep researched it and realized it should be plugged in, they hooked up the computer and it was throwing a code that the intercooler pump had a fault. Holy cow what a beast! Now it drives like you guys have been talking about. Thanks for your input and thoughts. Man, I am one happy dude!!!!

Planeswalker

Established Member
Turns out my arssonometer was correct. The intercooler pump was not connected. The connecting harness was actually in a holder on top of the air intake as if it belonged there. The service rep researched it and realized it should be plugged in, they hooked up the computer and it was throwing a code that the intercooler pump had a fault. Holy cow what a beast! Now it drives like you guys have been talking about. Thanks for your input and thoughts. Man, I am one happy dude!!!!

Glad you figured it out and got it fixed, now enjoy it!

walked_u_hard

Established Member
-Go here and create a free account: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
-After you create your account, select "upload" and find your image to upload.
-After it is uploaded, you will see 4 URL links . You will want to copy the IMG Code url and then paste it into this text box and BAM, you have your IMG for the world to see:D

NEVER use that photobucket crap. use www.imgur.com

all you have to do is drag and drop your picture and upload. boom done. links on the side

carguy19

Established Member

Id ask the dealer for a free service for forgetting to check it on the PDI.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Now everyone is going to check to see if this thing is connected lol. I know I will later today.

Radarluv55

Established Member
Image of it plugged in and the spot on top of the air intake where it was located before plugging it in. Wonder what else the dealer didn't do. You guys might want to double check your cars for this issue. The check engine light was not on, but the car def. didn't have all the power.

pump3.jpg

pump4.jpg

rcbGT500

Established Member
Hello,

Are you able to post a picture of the connector in the holder. Are the cars delivered with the connector in the temp holder and then the dealer is expected to plug into the intercooler.

Thanks,

Radarluv55

Established Member
I don't know if they are or not. Sure looks like it. I don't have a picture of the connector in the holder, but it's on top of the air intake just behind the SVT logo behind the filter.

railroad

Established Member
Good to know the car will not make max power until all systems are a go. I read where someone stated their car seemed to not make boost until warmed up. No comment on someone trying that, but I saw where the red line was temp related, so I guess the protection is in there for the innocent, or is that the ignorant. Not aimed at the OP who had a disconnected cooler pump.

Shhhh

Established Member
Is that even part of the dealer PDI? Sounds like more of a factory whoops then anything the dealer did.

Planeswalker

Established Member
Mine was delivered properly plugged in, the dealer never even touched my car. And the car is without a doubt down on power until it is warmed up.

Fastfords

Established Member
Some things never change. The first 08' I bought I also found the intercooler pump was not plugged in a few days after picking it up. I would have thought they would improve quality control by now...

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2013 GT500 Owners Manual Supplement

ENGINE OVER-REV
Note: Engine torque and maximum rpm are limited until coolant temperature reaches 170°F (77°C). Warm up is indicated when the redline indicator band starting point changes from 6250 rpm to 7000 rpm.

Your vehicle is equipped with an over-rev feature to increase the performance range of your Shelby GT500. When conditions permit,
over-rev is indicated on the redline indicator within the tachometer with a yellow band from 6250 rpm to 7000 rpm. If conditions limit over-rev accessibility, the band is illuminated red.

Once the engine is warm, the over-rev feature allows eight seconds above 6250 rpm up to 7000 rpm. If the eight second time limit is exceeded, the maximum engine rpm is reduced to 6250 rpm until both of the following occurs:
• Engine is operated for at least 15 seconds below 6000 rpm
• Engine rpm falls below 5000 rpm.
Do not operate the engine at high rpm and low load for sustained periods of time, as damage may occur.

Users who are viewing this thread