The Modern Mustang WTF

jtfx6552

Established Member
I remember looking at the 94 Mustang, thinking, who would ever want one of those, it looks so ugly next to the Fox...

I ended up with a 94, a 96, a 99 and a 2003...

I'm sure this will end up being the same deal, not liked at first, but it will grow on you.

If Ford is true to form, the first few years will have OK performance since they figure the "new" style will sell itself regardless of performance level, they don't really add the super performance until later when they feel they need to.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Doubt it, but I do have a feeling the 13 might be the last true powerhouse for a while.

Why do you say that? Shelby has signed on through 2015. Do you think they are all of a sudden going to drop off the entire V8 engine category in the car?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I'm thinking its going to look like the Mustang in ThePill Sig. It has the fusion like grill, and wide hips like a muscle car, but does not look retro at all.

sscobra

Established Member
Just like in 93......we saw this:

mach31.jpg

We got to this:

96cobra_4.jpg

There are so many similar features between the 2 cars. Even the dash and door panel design. Concepts have always been over exaggerated versions of what the final version may be. I just hope this is still the case with the new "era" stang.........

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
ill reserve judgment till I see it built.....the one I have on order is the car Ive always wanted and that works for me!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
From the concepts, I will be really disappointed with Ford if the new mustang looks anything like that.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
Most of the hints on the new design are already out there.
Part Evo concept, part Fusion etc.
If its stretched to be approx. the same the same length as
a DB9...it could work....but, I think that Gen. Y will love it and
the Boomers or retro guys wont care for it.
Just my .02
p.s. You gotta admit though, if a Shelby verison loses 300lbs-ish
with this current engine, you may have a 10 sec. car bone stock.
The bad news is, if it takes multiple composite materials and carbon
fiber etc. to lose the weight, the new gen. Shelby will be over 80k.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I like ThePill's version. Where did he get it?
I photoshopped the Mach 5 using concept art from Madd Maxx 4's Ford of Australia Interceptor. I was highly influenced by the Evo's concept and the Vantage.

There are some outstanding 3rd party concepts on the internet right now. Here is a side shot of a concept by a super talented photoshopped named Top Notch on The Mustang Source. This is a teaser but I was highly impressed with the profile from the A frame back,,,

I even credit my initial drive to "attempt" a 2015 concept to some of Top Notch's concepts.
fordshelby2.jpg

All 74 pages of 2015 concept art and discussion can be seen here... 2014/2015 - Photoshop thread - Page 74 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

I recently suggested that we try to merge our concepts together.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
wow Pill that concept looks pretty crazy.....maybe i would buy a GT convertible version for the wife in the future :rockon:

BossAnaki

Established Member
Doubt it, but I do have a feeling the 13 might be the last true powerhouse for a while.

Thats kind of what I've been hearing. Even some of editorials in the Mustang mags have talked about looking back at the GT500's like we now look back at the Boss 429's. With the new laws and CAFE standards I fear this may be the last push for hp before the party is over.:(

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Thats kind of what I've been hearing. Even some of editorials in the Mustang mags have talked about looking back at the GT500's like we now look back at the Boss 429's. With the new laws and CAFE standards I fear this may be the last push for hp before the party is over.:(

No one knows what the future holds. I don't think it will be quite as drastic as some claim but we won't know until we get there.

I'll just leave this here, most of you have probably seen this but puts it in perspective...

Top Gear sad ending - YouTube

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I remember looking at the 94 Mustang, thinking, who would ever want one of those, it looks so ugly next to the Fox...

I ended up with a 94, a 96, a 99 and a 2003...

I'm sure this will end up being the same deal, not liked at first, but it will grow on you.

If Ford is true to form, the first few years will have OK performance since they figure the "new" style will sell itself regardless of performance level, they don't really add the super performance until later when they feel they need to.

So true... What's even funnier is the guys who liked the Foxes must have never seen real 1960's Fastback mustangs before.

Of course who can actually blame them since almost everybody in the 80's were high on crack and actually thought cardboard boxes were a good styling theme... Hence the fox. Bless their hearts, but shame on their parents for never letting them see what the originals looked like.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
No one knows what the future holds. I don't think it will be quite as drastic as some claim but we won't know until we get there.

I'll just leave this here, most of you have probably seen this but puts it in perspective...

Top Gear sad ending - YouTube

I remember that episode, really did make me a bit sad just thinking of what might happen...hence why im buying my dream car now!:rockon:

So true... What's even funnier is the guys who liked the Foxes must have never seen real 1960's Fastback mustangs before.

Of course who can actually blame them since almost everybody in the 80's were high on crack and actually thought cardboard boxes were a good styling theme... Hence the fox. Bless their hearts, but shame on their parents for never letting them see what the originals looked like.

:lol1:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That's not new news. That EVOS concept has the design cues of the Ford car line going forward for the next handful of years. The first time I saw it last year, I knew that was the design direction of the next Mustang. It has Mustang written all over it; minus the quad gullwing doors, of course. Those doors will never see the light of day on a production Ford.

I like the design, and I pray it will be smaller and significantly lighter than the current S197.

Users who are viewing this thread