Revan Racing 2013 GT500 vs. Torq ZL1 on Track at Homestead 6/30/2012

Van@RevanRacing

Well boys it's on!

I'm going to square off with Erik from Torq and his modded ZL1 at Homestead this weekend.

His car already has been modified with a tune, pulley, intake headers etc.. I'm going to go the same way I ran at Sebring except I'll possibly switch to a Cobra Jet throttle body.

We will be taking video from multiple angles on both cars and doing some lead/chase exchanges. If anything people can see braking tendencies and overall handling aspects of each car from different viewing angles.

Sure everybody would love to see these cars in stock form but how many of us are actually going to leave these cars bone stock anyway!!

We will get out there and lay down some hot lap times for comparison purposes and perhaps I can put Erik's Vbox in my car as well for data overlay.

Throw out the magazine bullcrap this is real world same day, same track GT500 versus ZL1 between two drivers with a lot of track time.

Modified or not it's going to be a good shootout and I'm looking forward to some seat time.

It's on like Donkey Kong!!

Van

Van@RevanRacing

Awesome.

What were your mods at Sebring? What are the HP numbers on the Torq ZL1?

Resonator delete, tune and brake fluid.

The ZL1 is supposed to be putting down between 550 and 570 from what I understand.

This is really about two competent competitors driving their respective cars on the road course and see what happens!

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Are you both running stock tires?? I know they help the Zl1 a lot 285 front 305 rear on the stockers because when I switched to 285 front on mine the more meat on the front really helped my braking and front end grip through my car into corners. Hopefully if you are on stock tires, he wont be.

Darth Racer

Established Member
Resonator delete, tune and brake fluid.

The ZL1 is supposed to be putting down between 550 and 570 from what I understand.

This is really about two competent competitors driving their respective cars on the road course and see what happens!

With your mods to the Shelby, what is your estimate of the Shelby's RWHP?

Will you both be on stock tires?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
So the ZL1 has tune, pulley, intake, headers etc....and only puts 550-570

So all those mods and it's not even close to a stock '13 GT500.

If the latest Mag tests are right, the ZL1 will still win cuz it rides more comfortable and the brakes don't fade. BUT wait, Van has changed the brake fluid already. That's not fair!! Throw some brake cooling ducts on there too. And how about a more aggressive set of pads....Can't wait for the outcome!!!

bpmurr

Established Member
Hopefully you'll drive each others car for a lap or two and each give us candid feedback.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Guess I am going to have to make the trip homestead. This should be epic. What time you guys going to get it on ?

Users who are viewing this thread