Shell URT Advanced????Where???

dustin88lx

Established Member
Anybody know where Shell URT advanced 110 unleaded race fuel can be purchased or ordered???? I have basically been told I can't run my nitrous setup without it, lund wont even build a tune for it unless it is a fuel that he trusts will keep the car from blowing up...Which is most the unleaded fuels VP 100, 105 Shell URT 100, 105 advanced at 110. I take it the other leaded fuels are oxygenated and it changes the stoich number enough to make the car run super lean. Which is fine, I would rather be told No then blow my car up because the tune was sold to make a quick buck....

Any help would be great thanks.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I'm interested in this too. Soon I'm looking to do LT's with a race tune.
Anywhere in KY?

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
I have a local dealer next to me here in Baton Rouge LA. They are a Rousch installer and the guy does custom tunes on his Dyno. He is not a vender so PM me for information. He gets it by the 55 gallon drums and it is not cheap.

Myfast70

Established Member
If it is just going to be for an infrequent occasional blast why not just run 110 leaded? I know over time it's tougher on the o2's but like I said if its not an everyday thing, why not? I've done that on a few cars with no issues at all.

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
shell racing fuel dealers in Florida

Anybody know where Shell URT advanced 110 unleaded race fuel can be purchased or ordered???? I have basically been told I can't run my nitrous setup without it, lund wont even build a tune for it unless it is a fuel that he trusts will keep the car from blowing up...Which is most the unleaded fuels VP 100, 105 Shell URT 100, 105 advanced at 110. I take it the other leaded fuels are oxygenated and it changes the stoich number enough to make the car run super lean. Which is fine, I would rather be told No then blow my car up because the tune was sold to make a quick buck....

Any help would be great thanks.

In Florida:

BlowBy Racing (Boca)
Lamotta Performance (Longwood)
CFM (Central Florida Motorsports, Longwood)
Ramseys Performance (Lutz)
CESU Racing (Miami)

If you are further north, there is also a dealer on Orange park.
Which area are you in?

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
If it is just going to be for an infrequent occasional blast why not just run 110 leaded? I know over time it's tougher on the o2's but like I said if its not an everyday thing, why not? I've done that on a few cars with no issues at all.

Because the Shell stuff (URT Advanced) is more like 116 octane, doesn't hurt cats, doesn't cause idling issues like leaded fuel, stores for 2 years, can mix much more naturally with pump gas, etc...

It's better than 116 leaded and absolutely crushes 110 leaded.
If you mix URT Advanced 50/50 with 93 octane fuel, you still get 105 octane...

The stuff is crazy.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Thank's for the info!

Ahh you beat me this morning......

Thanks for all the info all...

I emailed that gentlemen it really doesn't look to far from London, we may be able to do a group buy or something and rally up somewhere in the middle. Once I get there.....

dustin88lx

Established Member
Apparently this fuel unless your using a stock timing curve will net anywhere from 50-100hp from just the fuel alone...allows you to advance your timing 2-3 degrees making more power. And has a stoich # (Specific Gravity) nearly identical to pump gas. This stuff is wicked a true testament...

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Ahh you beat me this morning......

Thanks for all the info all...

I emailed that gentlemen it really doesn't look to far from London, we may be able to do a group buy or something and rally up somewhere in the middle. Once I get there.....

I'm in on a group buy. Let me know what you find out.

Myfast70

Established Member
Because the Shell stuff (URT Advanced) is more like 116 octane, doesn't hurt cats, doesn't cause idling issues like leaded fuel, stores for 2 years, can mix much more naturally with pump gas, etc...

It's better than 116 leaded and absolutely crushes 110 leaded.
If you mix URT Advanced 50/50 with 93 octane fuel, you still get 105 octane...

The stuff is crazy.

I'm in on a group buy. Let me know what you find out.

Sounds interesting.

BirdDoc, is the group buy just for you and a couple locals or can others get in on it too? What type of $$$'s we talking? I think I may be interested is if nets the results. You can PM me the details if it is available to others.

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
URT Advanced

Blow by is out. I'm looking for some this week. Anybody have a few gallons they can come off of?

If anyone is going to NMRA in Bradenton, FL. NxtGen Mustang will have some URT Advanced on hand in drums, so bring your can if you're making the trip.

Nickoli

Established Member
Any one around St. Louis can get it from me. I have one drum in stock and one personal drum I haven't opened yet. I'd probably sell both if some one needs it now.

Users who are viewing this thread