Glitches after Lund tune or TB issue...need smarter people to chime in

gassman

Established Member
Installed Revan Racing 13-6 package, with tune from Lund and it woke up the car, satisfied with power an perf, BUT.....often after car sits and restarts it wont rev or drive, just sits there and idles and cant throttle up. I have to restart several times for it to throttle and drive off.
any ideas???

rubyredsnake14

Established Member
I would hit up van.. I have heard that there have been many people that have had some issues with Lund's tunes.. My bud had issues twice with one but Van was awesome at getting him straight..

aksvt

Established Member
Wow, thats a glitch for sure. I would first try reloading the tune incase something happened on the first download.

mullens

Established Member
Sounds like a TB problem most likely TPS related. Whether it's mechanical or tune related Van & Co. will figure it out. They definitely stand behind their stuff.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Def. sounds TB related, just helped install an Edelbrock SC kit on a '10 GT and it also wouldn't rev up, but through 2 TB codes, both TPS I believe
-J

Van@RevanRacing

gassman

I'm in Bowling Green for the NMRA event. The first thing that comes to mind is the possibility that your MAF installed upside down or something isn't completely plugged in. This happens occasionally. If the red clip on the MAF meter is facing up turn the MAF over.

If not check all connections.

If that doesn't fix it call me. 561-445-7702

Regardless of being on the road my customers come first or I wouldn't be on the road.

Give me a call.

Van

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
This MAY not actually be due to the aftermarket parts. I had something like this happen to my car last weekend. Had driven to a muffler shop, car sat for about 10min. I then hopped in to swing it into one of the bays and the car did what you just described. Gas pedal had no effect on the revs, it just idled and wouldn't do anything. I turned it off and restarted it and everything worked normally. Later that day I tried to start the car and got a screeching sound instead of the normal starter kicking the car on. I quickly turned the key back off and tried to start again, everything started normally. Both events have only occured once so I just decided to keep my eyes open for it again but your thread sounded like it might have been a similar thing. My car is completely stock aside from suspension parts and bobs catch can.

gassman

Established Member
gassman

I'm in Bowling Green for the NMRA event. The first thing that comes to mind is the possibility that your MAF installed upside down or something isn't completely plugged in. This happens occasionally. If the red clip on the MAF meter is facing up turn the MAF over.

If not check all connections.

If that doesn't fix it call me. 561-445-7702

Regardless of being on the road my customers come first or I wouldn't be on the road.

Give me a call.

yep tried all the above and checked all connections twice

twawsico

Established Member
This happened to me for the first (and so far only) time a couple of days ago. 13-6 kit here also. But I noticed that the airbag light on the dash was lit for some reason also when it did it. I restarted it once and all was back to normal. I just figured it was one of those "WTH" glitches, but I'll chime in if it happens again.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I'm going to be the different one here. My big gripe is P050B code is thrown every time I drive it if I don't putter around and let the car warm up. 10 min. or so to get it to operating temp. Dumbest thing I've ever heard to keep from tripping the code. After it's warm, no issues, drive as hard as you want. Got to be something going on. I've checked all my connections and installation of the kit, and I have no odd air/vacuum leaks.

Haven't had the no acceleration issue, starts fine.

Last edited:

RANGERHULK

Established Member
I have also had that issue twice in past month.My car has the 13-6 kit from Van and Lund tune. Would love to know what the issue is also!

kpinco

Established Member
I'm going to be the different one here. My big gripe is P050B code is thrown every time I drive it if I don't putter around and let the car warm up. 10 min. or so to get it to operating temp. Dumbest thing I've ever heard to keep from tripping the code. After it's warm, no issues, drive as hard as you want. Got to be something going on. I've checked all my connections and installation of the kit, and I have no odd air/vacuum leaks.

Haven't had the no acceleration issue, starts fine.

Did you figure out what was causing the P050B code? I'm getting it now after installing a revised Lund tune. Checked all everything and can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Van@RevanRacing

If you have this issue please email me with your full customer name and I will have Lund Racing revise your tune free of charge and forward the tune when complete.

Lund Racing and Revan Racing have been discussing the problem and we have an update that takes care of the code. More air at start due to the size of the intake necessitates a revision. Some cars are more sensitive than others.

Email me at [email protected] and I should have all revisions by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread