Need Pulley Part ASAP: (Pic)

sethlovesfords

Established Member
untitled-1.jpg

"Lower Pulley Adapter" ?
I'm putting the stock lower pull back on and I have the mounting bracket and pulley itself, but not the part that connects the pulley to the crank pulley. This is the only part i need for my truck to be finished! (blew the motor 1-14-2008). Ford wants to sell me a new stock pulley configuration for $500.00 Screw that. Anyone have any idea where i can get one of these?:shrug:

Last edited:

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
untitled-1.jpg

I'm putting the stock lower pull back on and I have the mounting bracket and pulley itself, but not the part that connects the pulley to the crank pulley. This is the only part i need for my truck to be finished! (blew the motor 1-14-2008). Ford wants to sell me a new stock pulley configuration for $500.00 Screw that. Anyone have any idea where i can get one of these?:shrug:
If you have an 2003 motor, you should not need the part you have out line in your picture.
That adapter was for the earler motors,
Your lower pulley will tread on to your 03 lower crank pulley.
(reverse tread, but you know that)
Some one correct me if im not wrong.

Last edited:

sethlovesfords

Established Member
Ok, I see what you're saying. On the stock lower pulley there's threads, then in the crank pulley there's threads, and i'm told there's an adapter that connects the two: which i dont have. (Like a pipe with different sized ends?):shrug:
Please, correct ME if i'm wrong lol

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I took my stock lower pulley off my 03 last year to swap to a 6# lower and I dont remember any adapter coming off. Just checked in the garage and there is def no adapter on it

sethlovesfords

Established Member
maybe the adapter stayed on the crank pulley? Because i think you thread the lower pulley off to get it off, no? the part the stock lower pulley threads onto is the part i need. I think...

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
the adapter was there on the older trucks as there was no place fort the SC crank pulley to screw into

the 01-04 trucks have the balancer with the threads in it so that the SC Crank pulley can screw into itl.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
exactly

and that is why I said

the 01-04 trucks have the balancer with the threads in it so that the SC Crank pulley can screw into it.....

sethlovesfords

Established Member
Yeah but the SC crank pulley i have is missing the adapter (the part that has the threads to screw in the crank) does that make sense? i honestly dont even know what it looks like or anything...

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
If you need it I have a stock lower pulley I was gonna sell anyway. If you want it or need a pic shoot me a PM. Its off an 03 by the way and came off at 49k in perfect shape

sethlovesfords

Established Member
where did you get the lower stock pulley from?
Ebay. $5.00 plus shipping lol. It came off an '03 L, and is in good shape as far as the bearings go..
If you need it I have a stock lower pulley I was gonna sell anyway. If you want it or need a pic shoot me a PM. Its off an 03 by the way and came off at 49k in perfect shape

PM sent

jerardogav

Established Member
What they are trying to say if you have a 99-00 lightning you need the adapter if you have a 01-04 then there no need for an adapter as the newer design will bolt right up to the balancer. I have the adapter pm me if you need it.

Z7What