Stiegemeier porting the snake bite explained

dynobobstieg

SNAKE BITEtm NEWS
Stiegemeier Porting services new Snake Bitetm blower has been a tremendous success for 2009. We are near a sell out on the 2009 run production of 100 units and we have had over 350 responses to our Snake Bitetm applications. To any of those who did apply that did not upgrade this year and still have interest, I want to make available to you the first run of 2010 Snake Bite Series blowers. Call, PM or e-mail me and I will place your application on the early 2010 list.
Look for TVS applications available in early 2010. We are 90% complete on testing for the GT500 122 TVS combination's.

Snake Bitetm Explained

There has been a lot of conjecture about what exactly the Snake Bite is and how it achieves it's impressive power gains, especially on the area under the curve. Put simply the Snake Bitetm has an internal overdrive that compounds the acceleration rate of the rotors. When this internal overdrive is used in conjunction with our Stage 5 porting we can achieve rotor air charge efficiency above 100% thereby creating a ram effect when filling the rotor valve area while maintaining control of boost wave motion. These gains are well documented through our testing on our Dynojet chassis dyno, our exclusive XF1000 flow bench and on track testing.
Many skeptics feel the Snake Bitetm is the equivalent of a simple pulley change to increase boost levels. This is not true due to the nature of increased belt slip when using a small diameter pulley to drive the supercharger, the more boost and higher rotor speed increase the effort required to rotate the drive pulley and the decreased leverage and belt grip area require higher belt tension and wrap.
We currently have Snake Bitetm applications for the Shelby GT500, SVT Cobra, SVT Lightning, Saleen S series, Roush, Jaguar S and GM 3800 M90.

Stiegemeier
:burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
636-925-1656
[email protected]

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
How much more power does the SnakeBite blower make compared to an Eaton with the Stage V port job only? I currently have your Stage V port job on my Eaton. If I'm interested in the SnakeBite, will I have to purchase it from you as a completely different S/C than the one that I currently have OR can my Eaton with the Stage V port job be upgraded to the SnakeBite set-up?

Thanks.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
OK, so if I do the SnakeBite and nothing else but a tune, what will be the typical results for my Lightning? Should I have to do any other mods? Maybe spark plugs, and maybe an intake and a quiet catback (is there one?). What should I expect to see out of my truck? The motor should not (I know, you never really know) have any issues holding the power should it?

BTW, I have a completely stock Lightning with 40k on it right now.

dynobobstieg

OK, so if I do the SnakeBite and nothing else but a tune, what will be the typical results for my Lightning? Should I have to do any other mods? Maybe spark plugs, and maybe an intake and a quiet catback (is there one?). What should I expect to see out of my truck? The motor should not (I know, you never really know) have any issues holding the power should it?

BTW, I have a completely stock Lightning with 40k on it right now.

Check this out - SNAKE BIT WHITE LIGHTNING - Supercharger Q&A, Moderated by Dyno Bob this is on a bone stock Lightning with no tune and a stock size upper (yes that is a billetflow 2.93) look and let us know what you think.

dynobobstieg

How much more power does the SnakeBite blower make compared to an Eaton with the Stage V port job only? I currently have your Stage V port job on my Eaton. If I'm interested in the SnakeBite, will I have to purchase it from you as a completely different S/C than the one that I currently have OR can my Eaton with the Stage V port job be upgraded to the SnakeBite set-up?

Thanks.

We do updates on your blower. Call for more information.
Thanks
Stiegemeier:burnout:
(link above should help you out)
Check out Amazon's Harley results with the Snake Bite.

636-949-2275

StiegeSplash
[email protected]

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
We do updates on your blower. Call for more information.
Thanks
Stiegemeier:burnout:
(link above should help you out)
Check out Amazon's Harley results with the Snake Bite.

636-949-2275

StiegeSplash
[email protected]

I think the question here is what kind of gains could be had from a Snake Bite blower running at, say, 14# of boost vs. a Steggy Stage 5 blower running the same 14# boost? both hp #'s & IAT2 temps...

dynobobstieg

Here is the Graph with the SCT Tune installed I will post up more on this later today.
Thank you.
whitelightwithtune.jpg

Stiegemeier
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275
636-925-1656
[email protected]

Catfiesh

Established Member
I talked to John yesterday.. after hearing the potential of this set up I am very impressed.. especialy now that I see the dyno graph he spoke of. Ill deffiantely be sending mine in soon.

MR-BOLT

"TQ DEMON"
Established Member
Could you answer his question STIEG ^^^^? I'm curious to hear what snakebite does with a 6lb or even an 8lb :shrug: or if a Magnum Powers case is just a way better investment! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread