check engine light

RatedR

SVT Poster
Established Member
I am posting this for a friend. its a 2000 all stock.

I've been having a check engine light on. It says engine running to lean on bank 1 and 2. I replaced all 4 oxygen sensors reset the computer and drove it 50 miles and then the same code came up again. I've reset it twice now and it keeps coming up. I've checked the battery and the vacuum system for leaks and sprayed the throttle body with lots of carb cleaner. Just last night I sprayed the mass air flow sensor with MAF sensor cleaner. I tried starting it this morning, it would start up and then die right away. I tried about 5 times. I need to get it to pass smog so I can renew my registration.:shrug:

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Do you know what the code is?

I'm willing to bet it's the same vac leak we've all had. There's a line behind the s/c against the firewall you can't see but only feel. Search more here, but more importantly...get your hand back there. You'll have to climb into the engine bay so let it cool down beforehand or you can get some layers of skin burnt off.

Dusten

Established Member
Like mixmaker said, there is a 90 degree elbow behind the blower that is a common place for leaks. some people have to pull the blower to get to it.
He wasted money on the 02's as a lean code on both banks is more often than not a vacuum leak.

jkindem

lean engine codes bank 1 bank 2

Do you know what the code is?

I'm willing to bet it's the same vac leak we've all had. There's a line behind the s/c against the firewall you can't see but only feel. Search more here, but more importantly...get your hand back there. You'll have to climb into the engine bay so let it cool down beforehand or you can get some layers of skin burnt off.

I've felt, but cannot feel any hose as described, where on the super charger does it connect?

Thanks,

Joel

Dusten

Established Member
it doesnt connect to it, it connects to the intake manifold , behind and below the supercharger.

Users who are viewing this thread