Closing Silencer Ports on Eaton (Photos)

Tha_PiG

Established Member
I figured some of you might find this interesting...

A lot of you are already familiar with this, but I did some on line research about porting.

I learned that these little slots are actually "silencer ports" and are specific to Eaton Superchargers.

They are there for no other reason but to "quiet" down the blower.

Kenne Bell, Whipple, Magnuson, nor any of the others use these. Its my understanding that its due to "Noise pollution" constraints..

I guess its government standards or some dumb crap.

Anyway, I had the guys at ProLine open it up a little bit and weld some plugs in the "silencer ports"

The theory here is that it will make the blower SCREAM!!! I guess we'll find out.

I'm in the final stages of my Eaton build. I'll start a whole new build thread once I start turning wrenches.

The way I had the silencer ports closed is a little different from what other folks have done in the past.

Here are some more photos of what I've got going on:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=306

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Guys have been closing those ports with JB Weld for a while. It does make the blower louder.:shrug:

markw351

Established Member
mine are filled. and yes it does make the blower scream. I have a fairly loud exhaust and even under light exceleration you can still hear the blower whine. I really don't think there is any performance value though.

04spinbra

Established Member
Good Idea! I've seen the JB welds ones and heard the down fall hopefully these stay and don't crack like the plate ideas!

Willy Mo

Beat EM' With A Stick
Established Member
kenne bell or whipple dont use them bc they are a totally different style blower. Twin screw and not a roots.

Ortiz99

Established Member
I did mine with JB weld. The ones I've seen here that came loose did a crappy job on shutting them. I gave them about 3 coats of it and made them connect to each other and go all the way to the side of the case to get it to really stick. Here is an old video of my blower with stock everything except for silencer holes filled:

[youtube_browser]_MtyFhALK-Q[/youtube_browser]

And I only went up to 5k RPMs :rockon:

I just installed my Posi ported eaton and I filled the silencer holes as well. I will definately record a WOT video so you guys can hear it :)

Last edited:

Tha_PiG

Established Member
Here is an old video of my blower with stock everything except for silencer holes filled

And I only went up to 5k RPMs :rockon:

I just installed my Posi ported eaton and I filled the silencer holes as well. I will definately record a WOT video so you guys can hear it :)

Sounds Awesome!!!!

Tha_PiG

Established Member
Thank you sir :beer:. When are you making the thread on the other site? :banana:

Hopefully soon. As soon as I start turning wrenches.

I'll start a all new build thread.

Waiting on some gaskets from Ford and waiting on some stuff to get finished up at the powder coater..

My intercooler FINALLY got here Friday!!! Only took 3 1/2 months!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^No you can't weld them up without taking the blower apart. Also you could easily warp the case and have rotor to case contact. If you weld you need to be prepared to go in and take some material out if the rotors are hitting the case afterwards.

Also weld typically doesn't stay very well on the blower case itself. I would use epoxy before welding.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
So Brian, what is your take on this mod. Would you recommend it or advise to stay away. I am just finishing up the paint work on that blower and now would be the time to do it. I love the whine, ha.

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread