1993 cobra r # 103

Mts04termivert

Established Member
90k? ouch seen these on ebay go for 40k'ish with under 500 miles... goodluck, rough market out there now... definitely a sick car

robjs111

Established Member
The one you are talking about did not have original motor, interior, etc. Thanks for your interested.

93 svt

03 ROUSH stage 3
Established Member
Maybe you should clean it up a little and retake some pictures. not talking armorall or anything just talking about removing the spider webs and cleaning the dust off of it. maybe air up the tires so they dont look like its been sitting that long. Deff a nice car tho.

robjs111

Established Member
i have to say you are correct. will do so and updates pics. thanks for your honesty.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
Just curious what the msrp was on these? like 30K? Not bashing just wondering because they've turned out to be a hell of an investment. Tripple your money in 15 years haha.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious what the msrp was on these? like 30K? Not bashing just wondering because they've turned out to be a hell of an investment. Tripple your money in 15 years haha.

The MSRP was $25,692. There were very few that actually sold for MSRP. The seller of this vehicle bought his for much more than MSRP (I keep good records).

You would triple your money on this vehicle if you ignore insurance, storage, and other fixed costs associated with keeping a vehicle for (almost) fifteen years. This was one of the lawsuit cars and was built on June 4, 1993.

The 95 and 00 R-models are still selling well below their MSRP.

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
The MSRP was $25,692. There were very few that actually sold for MSRP. The seller of this vehicle bought his for much more than MSRP (I keep good records).

You would triple your money on this vehicle if you ignore insurance, storage, and other fixed costs associated with keeping a vehicle for (almost) fifteen years. This was one of the lawsuit cars and was built on June 4, 1993.

The 95 and 00 R-models are still selling well below their MSRP.

Either way he's making some good dough off the car haha. I'm sure it didn't cost 60k for insurance and maintenance haha. So what's the deal with the lawsuit cars? Ford wasn't going to build them so the people took out lawsuits against ford?

robjs111

Established Member
Well Littleton Ford, CO, ordered 10 Cobra R's and did not receive any so they took Ford to court and Ford was forced to build another 7 cobra R's. Thats the story i was told. Either way its really interesting. Think story adds a little value, etc to the 7 extra R's.

PainNdaArse

Established Member
How about a trade for 2 super low mile cars? '04 Mustang GT 40th Anniversary vert w/ 13 miles crimson? with gray strips and an '04 Mach 1 40th anniversary with 17 miles DSG

Users who are viewing this thread